jetlag... (1 Viewer)

depends which one. I like the going to bed early and waking up early one.
The other one though, is a massive pain in the bollix alright.
Just dont sleep when you get off the plane till its nighttime in the place you are at. Force it. Go out somewhere you cant sleep.

Just dont sleep when you get off the plane till its nighttime in the place you are at. Force it. Go out somewhere you cant sleep.

ugh ugh ugh it's so hard to do it though! last time i went back to dublin i went to see some psychobilly band in voodoo even though id flown in at 6am. i forced myself to go because i would have fucked up my sleeping pattern otherwise. it's really horrible being at a gig and feeling sleep deprived.

best is when you get a night flight. sleep the whole way, DONT watch any movies (tempting, i know) and then take this herbal thing ill have to check the name of. valexin?

helps regulate your sleep after travel.

I tried to sleep on plane. Took a sleeping pill but it just made me feel like the plane was gonna crash. It was kinda funny and kinda scary. I slept all day yesterday/today and now have been up all night. I hope I can just stay up til 10pm tonight. I'm going to drink lots of fizzy cola today.

it's really horrible being at a gig and feeling sleep deprived.

Heheh, I once fell asleep, standing up, at an At The Drive In gig in Chicago. I felt like that was quite the achievement. (Had been on the piss for about three days beforehand in Ireland though. Might have had something to do with the jet lag being very bad.)

Heheh, I once fell asleep, standing up, at an At The Drive In gig in Chicago. I felt like that was quite the achievement. (Had been on the piss for about three days beforehand in Ireland though. Might have had something to do with the jet lag being very bad.)

kidding? it's one of my big regrets that i never saw them play. but i cant imagine anyone would be able to fall asleep during one of their sets.
it must have been very bad jetlag in that case so :)

Someone told me they took sleeping pills just before they got on the plane once. There was a problem with the plane and it ended up getting cancelled.

Daft c*nt had a great old sleep in departure lounge and missed the re-arranged plane.

i usually manage to avoid jet lag when flying to the US, just stay up til local bedtime on arrival, and that gets me sorted straight away (apart from the time i went to mexico, tried to stay up and went to a fancy restaurant. started seeing things during dinner and thought my hands were going through the table)

it's the coming home that always gets me. still never managed to crack it, always takes me a week or so to right myself

so where were ya on holidaze then?!

Cleveland, Ohio. This is the city famous for having a river that caught fire, immortalised in at least two songs. Burn On (I think that's the name of it) by Randy Newman and Cuyahoga by REM. I was also in Niagara Falls, immortalised in a song by that name by Sufjan Stevens. Niagara Falls is like Mosney or Blackrock, Co. Louth would have been if they'd had millions/billions to spend on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back