Jaysus cycling! (16 Viewers)

Now I'm offended. I thought you were better than this...

Well, I have my black beauty

11743000_958421604214023_6043002843690284837_n.jpg

But I can't take her everywhere, you know?

The city bikes are great for getting around when you don't have your own

I hear they're great for weaving all over the road too. Think it's their low center of gravity to helps with this...

Where does the cyclist who gets knocked down by the car they didn't see coming fit in here? And why did it happen?

Was it because the car was not wearing a hi-viz vest? Or was the car being driven too fast/recklessly? Maybe some other reason?

Exactly. Had cops tell that since that most couriers are great cyclists in comparison to the suits on Dublin Bikes.
In general I agree with you but for balance, I was once knocked down by a courier cycling the wrong way on Kildare St. I only checked traffic in the direction it should be coming from and stepped out in front of him. Ouch.

"1,2,3, Safe Cross,
4,5,6, Safe Cross,
1,2,3,4,5,6, Safe Cross Code
Remember, one, look for a safe place
two, don’t hurry, stop and wait,
three, look all around and listen before you cross the road,
remember, four, let all the traffic pass you
five, then walking straight across you
six, keep watching,
that's the Safe Cross Code!!!!!"

What a shit song.

In general I agree with you but for balance, I was once knocked down by a courier cycling the wrong way on Kildare St. I only checked traffic in the direction it should be coming from and stepped out in front of him. Ouch.

A friend of mine was knocked down by one of them, again on Kildare Street, and had her elbow broken. She was out of work for months.

I read of a guy that was killed by a bicycle courier going the wrong way up a one way street-almost sure it was Kildare Street too. Knocked down, hit his head, coma and death.

I think all pedestrians should wear helmets and high viz vests. And life jackets ..just in case.

Q. Why do culchies look both ways when crossing a one-way street?

A. In case another culchie is driving down the wrong way

#notaracist

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back