Jaysus cycling! (8 Viewers)

Sister got pulled over for running a red light on O'Connell St by the Gards
40 euro fine, 3 points on her licence. So she gives a bogey address and says she's no ID.
Gard says they have to impound the bike til the fine is paid and ID shown at Pearse St.
She has her work ID on her hip, Gard asks to see it.
She's given her real first name and a makey-up 2nd name, so she says that the work ID is her maiden name.
Gard, grudgingly, lets her keep her bike.

They are seriously not fucking around. 3 fucking points!!!
Isn't that what you get for speeding?

Jesus fucking H.

Get bogey ID, lads. Worth it.
3 points on a driver's license???

So do kids under 17 get points on their licences or do I get points on my out of date provisional license? Shit makes no sense.

So do kids under 17 get points on their licences or do I get points on my out of date provisional license? Shit makes no sense.
It's a good point. I always used to bring my US ID with me, but i was never stopped.
Again, I don't know if the points thing is policy, but it's defo what the the Gard said. My sister was shaking. She'd just got 2 points cleared off her licence recently for something else after 2 years.
Maybe they wouldn't say that to a bike courier, my sis is a very presentable office worker, so they maybe went that route with her.
Still though.

This lad shouted in my ear as he was passing me a few weeks back. Something about headphones...made a real point of it. I couldn't hear what he was shouting though cause I had my headphones in
#sunglasses

the bike confiscating doesn't sound right either, but if she was refusing to give a name and address I guess he could have quoted some law or another, you know the PoPo.

I'm not a bike courier but I do reckon it's bollocks and totally unenforceable. Paschal O'Donohue is quoted as saying the same here. Cops being untruthful, who wouldda thunk it.

Cyclists to face fines for dozens of offences | BreakingNews.ie

That's how it works in Germany and its easy to enforce. You get pulled over, show ID and they check your name against active licences. If you have one, you lose three points. Simples.

That's how it works in Germany and its easy to enforce. You get pulled over, show ID and they check your name against active licences. If you have one, you lose three points. Simples.

I'm sure everyone here would love if cycling led to them losing points on their license, sure beats having them added.

Nah, it's just a fine. €40 going up to €60 after 28 days of non payment. Guard was either bluffing or didn't know. The Order is called SI 331 of 2015 Road Traffic (Fixed Charge Offences - Cyclists) Reg 2015, but doesn't seem to be up on irishstatutebook.ie yet.

Introduction of Fixed Charge Notices for cyclists aims to promote safe cycling practices | DTTAS Department of Transport, Tourism And Sport
The thing is that the major harm being done by breaking red lights is that it pisses people off.
If you treat red lights as Yield signs - cross when it's safe - you're not hurting anyone.

I should bring my Irish passport with me here. Tell the cops I'm on me holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back