Jaysus cycling! (4 Viewers)

cars use the road

that's their main thing

So do cyclists but I've seen plenty of both on footpaths including near misses of being run over by cars while I'm on a bicycle and the car is attempting to mount the footpath for some reason or another. But yeah I also gave up being annoyed after two years of approx 8 hours of being on a bicycle a day and having countless near misses due to drivers paying no attention to anything other than other cars or worse seeing you and deciding to ignore you anyways all while breaking one rule of the road or another. Hi viz aren't going to change any of that unfortunately.

yeah i didn't say it would

i said it would make cyclists more visible, which i reckon is very self-evidently not a bad thing like was originally suggested

But yeah I also gave up being annoyed after two years of approx 8 hours of being on a bicycle a day and having countless near misses due to drivers paying no attention to anything other than other cars or worse seeing you and deciding to ignore you anyways all while breaking one rule of the road or another.

Amen.

It's like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder how I keep from going under.

and it's pointless being more visible when drivers choose to ignore you because they believe you shouldn't be anywhere near a road.

A similar anecdote for yas, for years Cyclone Couriers had the reputation as they most dangerous cycle couriers around simply because they were the most visible in their full branded uniforms.

and it's pointless being more visible when drivers choose to ignore you because they believe you shouldn't be anywhere near a road.
well as a driver who doesn't ignore cyclists or have some mental rabid objection to them being on the road, i still amazingly think higher visibility is a plus

A similar anecdote for yas, for years Cyclone Couriers had the reputation as they most dangerous cycle couriers around simply because they were the most visible in their full branded uniforms.

When everyone knows they were just as bad as the rest of the couriers out there, amirite?

When everyone knows they were just as bad as the rest of the couriers out there, amirite?

Exactly. Had cops tell that since that most couriers are great cyclists in comparison to the suits on Dublin Bikes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back