Jaysus cycling! (6 Viewers)

Let me see what people here think of this as I've been called a contrarian for suggesting it in polite conversation:

Dublin is the only place on earth where the majority of cyclists appear to wear high viz gear, even during the day, I assume based on some misguided RSA directive. But rather than increase safety (a good light does the job in the evening and a pair of eyes is enough in the day) it stigmatizes cyclists as a nuisance and a hazard. It's drivers in Ireland that need to be sensitised to the rights of cyclists, and hi-viz is a red rag to a bull.

Well, on the big stretch of cycle path in the Phoenix Park, 5 miles of it. You're probably thinking of me in the middle of a busy street.

These yokes

m002177087_sc7

As a driver and a cyclist I think it makes perfect sense to wear a high viz jacket. As an added bonus it also makes people think you are a Polish builder when you go into shops.

As a driver and a cyclist I think it makes perfect sense to wear a high viz jacket. .
So you all think Ireland is ahead of the curve by expecting cyclists to wear hi-viz stuff? I think if you tried to introduce it in Holland or Denmark or wherever people would think you're mad.

Users who are viewing this thread

• flashback
  • chris d
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back