Jaysus cycling! (7 Viewers)

I got fed up watching other riders zooming past me so decided to try and fix my gears. I had three working gears and it was stuck in a fairly comfortable middle gear at the rear...until I got at it.

Unsurprisingly I made it much worse and had to leave the bike in for a service.

Today I borrowed a friend's bike with a fully working gears. Zoooooooom

And a padded comfy saddle too. I might do a swap

I got fed up watching other riders zooming past me so decided to try and fix my gears. I had three working gears and it was stuck in a fairly comfortable middle gear at the rear...until I got at it.

Unsurprisingly I made it much worse and had to leave the bike in for a service.

Today I borrowed a friend's bike with a fully working gears. Zoooooooom

And a padded comfy saddle too. I might do a swap

I found over time that I only ever used two gears. That I preferred just altering my own work on the bike rather than using them.

That's how I eventually switched to a single speed. And then a fixed gear.
So much easier. And so much less stuff to go wrong.

I loved my BMX with its one gear

Some of the terrain I travel can be pretty difficult so I'm glad to have a choice. I only need two though..one to bomb along the straights and one for the muck and hills

People who edge past you at traffic lights who you then have to spend the next few minutes trying to overtake because they're really slow. They can go and fuck right off.

Especially so when said person is wearing lycra.

I switched to free wheel for a while and really felt like i was pissing into the wind.

Yeah, they gave me this wheel a while ago that was a flopper, you could switch it around.
I never went back.
As corny as it sounds, the bike feels more like an extension of myself on the road.

I haven't been out on the bike in months. Went out twice this week, first time was grand so I decided to up the distance and throw some hills into the mix on the second go. Ended up going so slow up the hills around Enniskerry that I fell over three times. Morto.

I wouldn't blame you if you have only one gear. You're missing out though, not only is a great workout and way of unwinding, the downhills you earn are amazing. When you're breaking the speed limit without an engine, that's a great feeling.

Well, I've certainly done it many times. I just don't seek it out.
I know I've broken 40mph when I used to have an odometer. Maybe more at other times, I don't know.
It's a rush alright.
Cork was a motherfucker for hills. Took all the pleasure out of owning a bike there.

I prefer flats. There's a bunch of converted railroads around here that are now bike paths and you can go as fast or as leisurely as you want. Bust your hump, or don't. That's what I like.

I wish there were more flats around here to do just that but no matter what direction I take from my house, it's hills. You either go up them now to come down later or you take it easy and suffer on the way home.

Users who are viewing this thread

• pete
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back