Jaysus cycling! (8 Viewers)

there are no new offences being added; it's just turning them into fixed penalty notices. so this way you get a fine in the post rather than having to turn up in court and face a potentially irate judge whose merc was scratched by a cyclist in 1996.

I don't break red lights but on my route there is a short one-way piece of road I always use. It's about ten yards long. Last week I saw the gards ticketing a scooter rider for using it so I got off the bike and walked for the length of the stretch. It's annoying. They only made it one-way last year and if you don't use it you need to go about 2 miles in the other direction. I just keep an eye out for the shades and play it smart.

Everyone needs to remember that when it comes to red lights you can literally hop off the bike walk through them and hop back on again and you've done nothing wrong.

Everyone needs to remember that when it comes to red lights you can literally hop off the bike walk through them and hop back on again and you've done nothing wrong.

And no one really has a problem if you slow down and go through an empty intersection carefully.
Well, maybe they do. I usually have headphones in.

I always thought it was illegal to cycle the foot path looks like am mistaken I think cyclists been able to bend the rules a little is good thing and generally more safer

If they are going to give fines for going through red lights, they really need to sort out those junctions where the lights are controlled by a sensor. Unless a car is waiting to go through the lights, the things will never change as I'm too svelte to be detected.

If they are going to give fines for going through red lights, they really need to sort out those junctions where the lights are controlled by a sensor. Unless a car is waiting to go through the lights, the things will never change as I'm too svelte to be detected.
if the light won't change for you, you're allowed go through it AFAIK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back