Jaysus cycling! (4 Viewers)

wheels are gipiemme tecno 024s.

Magic, or other people what might know, I see a gipiemme wheel set her for cheap http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/id27902.html

need a back wheel as my one crap, have a mavic open pro with shimano 105 rim on the front which is grand, would get something similar for the back for around 120 mark or thereabouts. Are this gipiemme tougher and better than mavic? I need something resilient due to my embarrasing lack of ability when it comes to navigating kerbs.
:eek: thanks kids. p.s. did you buy the frame ?

not really related, but related, theres some idiot tearing round letterkenny on one of those segway things all week, and i hate him for introducing a segway to letter=kenny and trying to look cool and mostly for using electric transport to get around a town thats not even a km long. i've been contemplating taking him out with my bike, i was wondering if anyone has hit one of these things before?? its a rigid mountain bike so i fancy its chances.

those things weigh a fucking ton dude.
I'd be wary of them if I were you.
You would cruise past your man and give him a look though. That would be a start.

Here, I just bought tickets for this thing:
http://bicyclefilmfestival.com/2008_site/newyork/program14.php#a
Looks deadly.
If any of yis are in london and interested I will stick up a review.

not really related, but related, theres some idiot tearing round letterkenny on one of those segway things all week, and i hate him for introducing a segway to letter=kenny and trying to look cool and mostly for using electric transport to get around a town thats not even a km long. i've been contemplating taking him out with my bike, i was wondering if anyone has hit one of these things before?? its a rigid mountain bike so i fancy its chances.

Doesn't Letterkenny have the highest density of pubs of any town in Ireland?
Surely anything that helps a man's equilibrium as he negotiates this nirvana should be encouraged?

Fair play, I say.

something about it being a typo, and everyone in letterkenny pubs being dense.

i've never heard that statistic before, could be true but i'd expect ballybofey beats its hands down, somehting like 23 pubs in for 2700 people. (including all the folks under 18)

so i'm thinking i should reinforce the bike mad max style first, then go at him.

Think of the laugh you'll have when his prosthetic leg detaches and bounces under a truck.

I drove through Moate the other day. Bugger me, they're doing alright for pubs. There must have been nearly 20 along main street in a very short stretch.

Magic, or other people what might know, I see a gipiemme wheel set her for cheap http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/id27902.html

need a back wheel as my one crap, have a mavic open pro with shimano 105 rim on the front which is grand, would get something similar for the back for around 120 mark or thereabouts. Are this gipiemme tougher and better than mavic? I need something resilient due to my embarrasing lack of ability when it comes to navigating kerbs.
:eek: thanks kids. p.s. did you buy the frame ?

I use Mavics. Cosmic Elites on one bike. Kysrium Elites on the other. I've also used open pro. I find them to be deadly. I'm not familiar with gipiemmes but can wholely endorse the mavics, especially the cosmics, though they're dearer than open pro. Open pro are a great wheel for the money though.

OECD boss hails high oil prices

The soaring cost of oil is welcome as it sends a clear signal to consumers and firms to curb their use of fuel, the head of the OECD has said.

Speaking at the annual meeting of the world's richest nations, Angel Gurria said it would be "disastrous" if they cut fuel taxes or subsidised prices.

"The best solution to high oil prices is high prices" to cut demand, he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7430627.stm

I'm speechless after looking at that picture. And the fact that they're more bothered about what country the driver is from.

It was €1.39/litre for Diesel around Slane yesterday. Good times.

There's some great looking hills and roads around there. Anyone ever go round there on a bike?

I'm speechless after looking at that picture. And the fact that they're more bothered about what country the driver is from.

It was €1.39/litre for Diesel around Slane yesterday. Good times.

There's some great looking hills and roads around there. Anyone ever go round there on a bike?

I went for a few spins up around Kells, which is near enough-ish Slane.
It is very nice strangely enough. I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't know that area very well at all before.
Quiet enough roads on week days too.

could someone with knowledge opf machines help

in march i bought a polar heart rate/speedometer for my bicycle. on sunday, i got round to fitting it all on my bike. the one problem is that i haven#t been able to gt the km/h working. is this because i've been going so fast that it can't record it? any advice?

amy max heart beat i'vfe raeached so far was 189. that bit works fine. it's the speed part that i've problems with

You're hardly going too fast. Either you didn't set the wheel size right, or at all. That can be easily missed.

But more likely it's either:
The magnet and magnet sensor are too far apart, or
The sensor is too far from the computer.

With my Aldi computer, the magnet and sensor need to be <50mm apart, the sensor and computer need to <60cm apart and the hrm and computer need to be <80cm apart.
I don't understand the calorie counter at all.

What does the instruction manual say?

could someone with knowledge opf machines help

in march i bought a polar heart rate/speedometer for my bicycle. on sunday, i got round to fitting it all on my bike. the one problem is that i haven#t been able to gt the km/h working. is this because i've been going so fast that it can't record it? any advice?

amy max heart beat i'vfe raeached so far was 189. that bit works fine. it's the speed part that i've problems with

I've fitted 2 Polars of late, a CS100 and a CS200. I reckon its exactly as seanc says. Adjust the magnet so that it is passing the sensor at the expected spot. Also, be sure that neither are too far away from the device itself - the manual gives guidelines about how far they should be away.

And there should be a page about wheel size that tells you what to input in for the type of bike you have. Not having that will give an inaccurate reading, rather that no reading at all, so its probably not that.

i think the problem mikght have been that the sensor was the wrong way around. the polar logo not facing outward

also the magnet might have been too high up so even if we had the sensor the right way, it probably wouldn't pass the thing anyway

wheelsize, i'm close but not totally accurate

take the receiver yoke off, hold it in your hand, and take the magnet off the wheel, and just skim it back and forwards over the sensor.
If it registers nothing, there is a broken wire or something.
If it registers something you just have to sort your mounting.

To measure the wheel, put a drop of water on the tyre, roll it along the ground in a straight line so the drop touches the road twice. It will leave two marks. Put the bike down, measure mark center to center.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back