Jaysus cycling! (1 Viewer)

Its easier to stand still on a bike with a fixer.
Some of the lads rode fixers in the winter... I dunno, my legs are always turning over either way, even when i am freewheeling, I cycle in this weird slow motion way for some reason.
What is the actual problem sean?

I have seen some of the lads around the city with those flip flop yokes.

No idea, I never rode one. I would say though, I mean when I am riding, I dont like stopping to even take a layer off. Stopping to flip your wheel is too much of a pain in the rocks for my liking.

What is the actual problem sean?
Worn out gears which causes awful slipping. Needs a new chain, rear cogs and probably chainrings too. But that's expensive all in all, I'd be better off with a better new bike and a good fixie. Its a good bike like (I think so anyway), just old.

No idea, I never rode one. I would say though, I mean when I am riding, I dont like stopping to even take a layer off. Stopping to flip your wheel is too much of a pain in the rocks for my liking.

Twould depend on your mood I guess. You'd decide what you're gonna do before you start riding.

Nothing to it really, just, like, every time you cross a spoke with another, you make the wheel more comfortable to ride, and less stiff.
Radial spoking == 0 spoke crosses;
so its the most aggressive, most stiff spoke pattern you can have, and the most responsive.

Scutter's bike there has two cross on the back (one cross right down at the hub which you cant see on the pic, and the one you can), that's where most of the weight lies, through your ass down into the back of the bike, so they have done the trade off there.
Unfortunately its also the wheel you provide drive for the bike through, meaning that the drive is being diluted by the wheel slightly.
Its all just trade offs really. He might be grand with the very stiff front end, he might want to stick on that shock absorbing fancy tape on the bars. Some of the lads got mad pain in their elbows and wrists, but they tend to ride on the bars more. I tend to ride on the hoods more, meaning a lot of the shock is taken out before it hits my arms.

cool, thanks. i know fuck all about wheel building. something i need to look at.

Worn out gears which causes awful slipping. Needs a new chain, rear cogs and probably chainrings too. But that's expensive all in all, I'd be better off with a better new bike and a good fixie. Its a good bike like (I think so anyway), just old.

you could cut out a lot of the cost of a new chain and sprockets if you buy them online and put them on yourself.

what's the bike?

you could cut out a lot of the cost of a new chain and sprockets if you buy them online and put them on yourself.

what's the bike?

Aye, I'd like to but they don't seem to sell what I want on the internet anymore. And I wouldn't mind upgrading, and I wouldn't mind a fixie.

It's an 18sp Claud Butler Virago. "The ugliest bike I've ever seen" according to someone on Boards.ie :(

stick up a picture and let thumped decide?

Oh, go on then.
I wuv it to bits though, fastest bike in school it was
attachment.php

Aye, I'd like to but they don't seem to sell what I want on the internet anymore. And I wouldn't mind upgrading, and I wouldn't mind a fixie.

It's an 18sp Claud Butler Virago. "The ugliest bike I've ever seen" according to someone on Boards.ie :(

basically, you aren't going to be able to do that work unless you have tools, which you dont I am pretty sure.

Em... so, unfortunately, all that may cost a bit, as well as the fitting.
You can buy chain rings, and a chain breaker, and maybe just a new single speed back wheel (fixed or not) and you will be able to do that job yourself.

As for the sprockets, cassettes, freewheels, all that needs very specific tools, and a chain whip, and a fuck off vice.

basically, you aren't going to be able to do that work unless you have tools, which you dont I am pretty sure.

Em... so, unfortunately, all that may cost a bit, as well as the fitting.
You can buy chain rings, and a chain breaker, and maybe just a new single speed back wheel (fixed or not) and you will be able to do that job yourself.

As for the sprockets, cassettes, freewheels, all that needs very specific tools, and a chain whip, and a fuck off vice.

Ah yeah, I know that though. I was researching it today so I was.

Dunno. You?

I did 3 once. It was on a mag burner when I was around 13. Then I fell back and cracked my head off the road.

there was always these show-offs that could wheelie the length of the road - like 20 or 30 or however many squares there were. I had the balance of a new-born foal though so never got to be as cool as them.

I had deadly pogo nuts on my mag burner. They were pretty damn cool. So was my laid-back saddle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back