Italian squad for Ireland match (1 Viewer)

Had them on the ropes at the end!! Well fucking done to Keane for grabbing the chance when it came to him. Dunphy is a total goon for criticising the Folan sub - whose flick on set up the goal exactly, Eamon? Folan at least made the high ball into a workable option for us. Charlton-era style performance, battling draw that feels like a victory. So much happier with the attitude than on Saturday night. It may be a weak Italian team that was a man down but 1-1 in their backyard is still a great result - that was the first match in Bari that Italy haven't won. I hope (but I'm not expecting) that Trap takes the more positive approach that we showed today and goes with that in the next away game. Replace McShane with Foley and let the midfielders play further forward like they were doing today, get Duff and McGeady back in and we're looking alright.

Anyone else think Trap's interpreter looks like Frances McDormand?

30DA1DBB5A8247E8BBEE6BD8B68CC86A-160.jpg
mcdormand_pic.jpg

It's the chin.

So what did we learn? The Italians like to hold on to a single goal lead, and we create chances when we launch it into the box and have a big target man to aim at.

Plus ca change...and all that.

Have never jumped so high in my life as when the goal went in. And we should have won! Agree about Folan, he did well, ran his socks off and set up the goal. The new plank is born.

Can't believe that Lippi took Pirlo off. Did you see him texting while the game was on, looked none too pleased. Italy just fell apart at the back at the end. Cannavaro should have been sent off too.

The Italian press is being pretty ungracious about the draw, but they reckon that Hunt should have been awarded a penalty for that challenge by Buffon. It was no different to the peno Freidel conceded against Liverpool I suppose.

Bolivia beat Argentina 6-1 too!!! Unbelievable result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rM0juGFPGU&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.101greatgoals.com%2Fvideodisplay%2F2306344%2F&feature=player_embedded

Action from the Italian game!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Probably won't be up for long....

TRAPATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONI

I love the way at the end of that clip, Folan is all "Whoa, nigga!" and you get a glimpse of Noel Hunt all "Dats fuckin' massive!"

Oh and Giles, Bill and Eamon were fucking AMAZING tonight.

TRAPATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONI

I love the way at the end of that clip, Folan is all "Whoa, nigga!" and you get a glimpse of Noel Hunt all "Dats fuckin' massive!"

Oh and Giles, Bill and Eamon were fucking AMAZING tonight.

Dunphy is a fucking cunt. Doesn't care about evidence or analysis, or fact or fucking anything except being a fucking mouth who says controversial bulshit.

Fucking rat faced little prick.

Blah blah blah, he brought on Folan. Folan who set up the goal.

Blah blah blah, he took off Doyle. Doyle who had run himself into the ground and had no more to give.

Blah blah blah I KNOW that he's never seen Noel Hunt play. Neither have you you prick, you've admitted as much before.

Blah blah fucking blah. Trap earned every penny that the FAI and O'Brien are paying him tonight.

Humphries is also a cunt. His report is full every annoying Humphreyism in the the long shite book he wrote about himself.

folan, teh new plank. i like it! dunphy says he's not good enough at this level. what level? he gave the world champions a kicking all night, i thought he was great. you know, for being so limited. obvioously if we met spain or a really good team, then none of them are good enough, but i think folan should replace doyle for a while. doyle doesn't really offer much but running. folan has running and a noggin. why not? or drop keane. he's shite.

trap was right to take andrews off, he plays like he's in a coma. he plays like he commentating on himself in his head.

Dunphy is a fucking cunt. Doesn't care about evidence or analysis, or fact or fucking anything except being a fucking mouth who says controversial bulshit.

Fucking rat faced little prick.

Blah blah blah, he brought on Folan. Folan who set up the goal.

Blah blah blah, he took off Doyle. Doyle who had run himself into the ground and had no more to give.

Blah blah blah I KNOW that he's never seen Noel Hunt play. Neither have you you prick, you've admitted as much before.

Blah blah fucking blah. Trap earned every penny that the FAI and O'Brien are paying him tonight.

We're all from the football community. We all care deeply about this team, that's why we're discarding fact, evidence and analysis in favour of hype, invective and cant.

I saw the first half hour and the last 35 or so.
Ireland did not look like creating anything until the goal, and then we could have won it. They capitulated, they were a shambles in those last few minutes. I don't know what to feel. Italy ceded midfield to us, we laid siege. And we couldn't make even the smallest use of it. The standard of crossing and of final ball was so poor, but you can't really expect much else from bad players.
So even in light of the game being totally skewed by playing against 10 men, it was an excellent point earned by players who gave everything with very limited ability, and a manager who, in fairness to him, made the right decisions to adapt to the situation.

By the way - the goals:
Noel Hunt scored, right? I've watched it a few times now and I'm about 70% convinced it was he rather than Keane. It says in Emmet Malone's report that Hunt claimed the goal afterwards.

As for the Italian one, further evidence of the patented McShane 'charge out and forget what's behind you' move that we thought was confined to defending high balls as a centre half. Not so.

The football panel on RTE ceased to be a source of accurate analysis around 2005. It's all about the entertainment value now. Take your pick from last nights highlights...

Bill waving away Giles protests that we didn't actually draw with Holland in the Euros.

Ronnie talking for a good 30 seconds, detailing how difficult it can be to play against ten men - before Giles basically laughed him out of it and said that was rubbish.

Dunphy with his rants on gambling and his use of the phrase "Are you serious?"

Giles confusing Andrews for Glen Whelan.

Their failure to mention the fact that O'Shea and McShane swapped positions on the 2nd half.

Dunphy saying Folan was useless, when anyone with half a brain can see he was a major turning point in the game for us.

If you want "proper" analysis, check out Sky or the BBC. I'd rather have the RTE panto, spliced with fleeting glimpses of football fact.

By the way - the goals:
Noel Hunt scored, right? I've watched it a few times now and I'm about 70% convinced it was he rather than Keane. It says in Emmet Malone's report that Hunt claimed the goal afterwards.

Is Robbie Keane a thieving cunt,
Who stole a goal from Noel Hunt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back