Italian squad for Ireland match (1 Viewer)

Luther Blissett

Just saw that Lippi has announced his squad for the game in Bari:

Portieri: Gianluigi Buffon (Juve), Marco Amelia (Palermo), Morgan De Sanctis (Galatasaray)

Difensori:
Salvatore Bocchetti (Genoa), Fabio Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Giorghio Chiellini (Juventus), Andrea Dossena (Liverpool), Alessandro Gamberini (Fiorentina), Fabio Grosso (Olympique Lione), Marco Motta (Roma), Gianluca Zambrotta (Milan).

Centrocampisti:
Matteo Brighi (Roma), Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Pasquale Foggia (Lazio), Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina), Angelo Palombo (Sampdoria), Simone Pepe (Udinese), Andrea Pirlo (Milan).

Attaccanti:
Antonio Di Natale (Udinese), Vincenzo Iaquinta (Juventus), Giampaolo Pazzini (Sampdoria), Fabio Quagliarella (Udinese), Giuseppe Rossi (Villareal)

Take away Pirlo and De Rossi and there are some pretty average midfielders in there. I saw Brighi playing against Arsenal a few weeks back, Giannini he is not.

Such a shame Steven Reid is out, but that Italian squad underlines that their cupboard is getting pretty bare in a number of departments.

Also, Berbatov is out of Wednesday's game according to the RTE website.

I reckon we could give em a doing if we go out and have a proper go at them. Classic case of go and get stuck into them lads and don't let them play football and they'll probably fall apart.

if we don't win 4-0 nil i'm moving to whatever country "ireland" is with their irealnds call national anthem and bulging trophy cabinet.

They're definitely beatable. That squad is pretty unimpressive and their form has been poor for the last while. Trap gotta believe.

They're definitely beatable. That squad is pretty unimpressive and their form has been poor for the last while. Trap gotta believe.
valid points, i really think we have a OHGODKEITHANDREWSANDGLENNWHELAN chance this time against an aginJOHOFUCKINGSHEAg italian squad just waiting to be foRICHARDDUNNEUSEDTOBEGOODDIDNTHEund out. perhaps ireland can inflROBBIEKEANEISSHITSHITSHITict the famous defeat. you have to beKEVINDOYLESCORESGOALSAGAINSTDERBYANDSOUTHHAMPTONTHISISFUCKINITALYlieve.

Anyone know a decent place to watch an Ireland match in Paris?
paris is full of irish pubs, i'm sure it won't be a problem. if you're going by ryan air to beauvais, the bus that drops you into paris drops you right outside one.

paris is full of irish pubs, i'm sure it won't be a problem. if you're going by ryan air to beauvais, the bus that drops you into paris drops you right outside one.

Yeah, but Hec, I googled it and there's bleedin' 40 of them in the kip. Such an array of choice makes me dizzy and I'd bet I'd end up in the one that's near empty save for a couple of Brits.

Yeah, but Hec, I googled it and there's bleedin' 40 of them in the kip. Such an array of choice makes me dizzy and I'd bet I'd end up in the one that's near empty save for a couple of Brits.

my inner bird says "fuck it you're in paris"
the one next to the beauvais bus is always packed. can't remember what it's called. james joyce, probably. porte de orleans is it? can't remember...

my inner bird says "fuck it you're in paris"
the one next to the beauvais bus is always packed. can't remember what it's called. james joyce, probably. porte de orleans is it? can't remember...

ya that place is alright. I think there's a nice one very close to Odeon metro stop.

The main thing is that a country beginning with the letter I will win or draw this match. Im Irish but first and foremost im a nations beginning with the letter 'I' man.

Equal love for Israel and Iran is rare in these difficult times.

Anyway, look out for me on the telly!!!

sadly enough, i have actually watched a couple of games whilst in Paris.

saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Sad? No way would I miss an Ireland match if it's possible to see it. Forecast is for rain in Paris on Saturday anyway.

That said, if it's pure shit I may walk out in disgust.

Sad? No way would I miss an Ireland match if it's possible to see it. Forecast is for rain in Paris on Saturday anyway.

That said, if it's pure shit I may walk out in disgust.

*cough* they weren't even ireland games

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back