Italian squad for Ireland match (1 Viewer)

a woman bringing the buzz down. well i never. is there no haven for us lads? i can't keep sucking this in forever, you know.

Interesting theory put forth on Off The Ball last night.

Ireland play with 2 wingers because in Duff and McGeady we have players that offer far more creative options than what we have in the middle in the squad. Tonight we don't either of them and it looks like Keogh and Hunt will play there.

The idea was that we forget that formation, just play 3 defensive midfielders and a big man (Folan I think is in the squad) up top with Doyle and Keane off of him and just lump it up from the back, which is probably what we'll be doing anyway with just Doyle and Keane but it'd offer a bit more defensive security.

During the Bulgaria match I was thinking "get rid of Hunt for another midfielder, stick McGeady in behind Keane and Doyle", similar idea.
The Folan one is better again, him and Doyle up front with Keane playing off them could actually cause the Italian's problems.
The biggest problem we have with the long ball shit right now is that Doyle can only get to about half of them at most, so half the time at least they cause no pressure. Stick another big man up front and it might make a difference.

I predict 16-0 to Ireland.

Caleb Folan on - at least Trap is taking a gamble. Our full backs are a massive cause of worry every time they get forward, just not picking people up or tracking runs well enough.

Hunts shot looked veeeery similar to Ray Houghton's goal against Italy.

That would have been sweet.

C'mon Ireland!!!!

I was thinking that, looked like he was almost going to pull off a carbon copy of Houghton '94, chesting down an interception and then whacking it - would've been beautiful! Half time, 1-0 Italy, at least Ireland are going for it and the Folan switch was positive. Italy have clearly done their homework on McShane, they're trying to hit almost everything in behind him on the right side.

Robbie Keane I could kiss you!! He could've been a golden god in the last minute. Incredible!

Feared we didn't have it in us to break them down. A last minute winner would've been great! Had we lost it still would have been an improvement on Saturday.

guile_kick.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back