ISPs providing addresses of p2p users to the IRMA? (1 Viewer)

It's not just common sense, it's peoples' behaviour online. Most people don't pay for services online.

Most online newspapers such as the Irish Times that were subscription-based are advertising-based now because no one would pay the subs.

iTunes is successful but pales compared to illegal downloads.
On average only 20 tunes on an iPod are from iTune.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/5350258.stm

There is a select group of people who will pay online for intangibles but compared to the once huge record buying public it is insignificant.

ok so the current system doesn't work. Are you willing to give another system a try........ say....... people donating monehy to artists they are fans of?

I'm not saying it's a solution to all the problems but it certainly shouldn't be thrown away based on 'common sense' or a figures relating to a different system

ok so the current system doesn't work. Are you willing to give another system a try........ say....... people donating monehy to artists they are fans of?

Sounds like some sort of far fetched system where by you hand over money for the music. The more you like a band the more music you'll buy. So the amount of money is comparable to how much you like the music.... oh hang on.

I'm not saying it's a solution to all the problems but it certainly shouldn't be thrown away based on 'common sense' or a figures relating to a different system

The system is slightly different but point to the same conclusion. People don't (for the most part) pay for intangibles. Those who would donate are pretty much the same population who would buy the music anyway.

I'd be willing to give it a try but I think I'd just be more apt to buy a band's music in download or physical format which I have done and do when I have money on my maxed out c/c. The levy or tax proposed by the Isle of Man government is interesting but for example, how would they divvy up the money amongst the plethora of independent acts and labels that are also p2ped? I bet they'd be screwed.

It hasn't got to the point yet, that I know of, that a popular, well loved artist has said "I can't play music anymore cos you cunts steal from me" and has quit.

It hasn't got to the point yet, that I know of, that a popular, well loved artist has said "I can't play music anymore cos you cunts steal from me" and has quit.

Gene Simmons said that there'll never be another Kiss record because he knows no one (not even the members of the Kiss army) will pay for it.

Marillion haven't said that in so many words but have certainly laid it out to their fans that the band requires finances to continue.

Some people need it spelled out to them that it takes money for a band to exist. Stop paying for the music? Where does that money come from?

Gene Simmons said that there'll never be another Kiss record because he knows no one (not even the members of the Kiss army) will pay for it.

Thank fuck for that.
A glimmer of light amid the gloom.
Praise be.

edit>You pipped me to the post prefuse.Repped!

Marillion haven't said that in so many words but have certainly laid it out to their fans that the band requires finances to continue.

Some people need it spelled out to them that it takes money for a band to exist. Stop paying for the music? Where does that money come from?

In fairness, they shouldn't have squandered their one-hit (Okay, TWO-hit) wonder money. Seriously, though. Without the music industry, will the music stop? The music that has been a part of the human race for gazillions of years?

Oh, It's about money, isn't it?

There's the problem.

If a band can't exist exist without money, then the band shouln't exist.

In fairness, they shouldn't have squandered their one-hit (Okay, TWO-hit) wonder money. Seriously, though. Without the music industry, will the music stop? The music that has been a part of the human race for gazillions of years?

Oh, It's about money, isn't it?

There's the problem.

If a band can't exist exist without money, then the band shouln't exist.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Goff again.

Fuck yeah!

You work a day job AND do the music.
You wanna be fucking Paco De Lucia or Toumani Diabate or whoever the fuck you aspire to be?
You'll fucking make it.Gauranteed.
You'll fucking work your arse off,do 350 gigs a year,burst out of the fucking ghetto by the pure force of your talent,if you have it, it will be undeniable and you will make a living and be the fucking envy of most.
Fair play I say.
Live by the fucking music or dont care about Dying impovrished.Your choice.
Don't like it?
Are you willing to sacrafice what it takes to become a master......Endless hours practicing and studying melody and harmony...at the expense having a family of your own?
A million sub par songs, a million wrong turns.

If your the one with the money tunes,then KUDOS TO YOU MY MASTER.

OTHERWISE

STOP FUCKING WHINING.

I make music because I cant do anything else.I wish I had the nous of a captain sensible or michael jackson.But I don't.
So I keep a job on the side and do my tunes.

Music is'nt an industry.Its music.
Fuck yeah!

I make music because I cant do anything else.I have the nous of a captain sensible or michael jackson.
I keep a job on the side and do my tunes as a side line.
Cos one of my tunes is gonna GO OFFQ!MUDDAFUKKA!!!11!11

Then I'll be 10 feet tall and you'll be nuthin at all!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back