ISPs providing addresses of p2p users to the IRMA? (1 Viewer)

EMI Ireland maintained employment at 15 staff, but the cost of wages, social welfare contributions, pension costs and share-based payments was reduced from €1.56 million to €1.4 million between 2007 and 2008.
€1.4 million to pay 15 people? What the fuck? They're getting an average salary of just under 100 grand!

€1.4 million to pay 15 people? What the fuck? They're getting an average salary of just under 100 grand!

you need to factor in employer PRSI contributions which would bring gross pay down a bit.

this may be the most boring thing i've ever posted. anyone see the Superbowl last night? Amazible.

That really should read 'an exceptional year - under the circumstances'. Their profits dropped by over half a mill and they only made a profit because of a handful of very successful albums; namely Coldplay, Joe Dolan, Katy Perry etc.

That's like saying Liverpool would be useless without Gerrard and Torres, innit? I'd say a lot of the 14 staff are on under 50k pa, as per any company. Someone's doing ok.

Under the terms of an agreement between Eircom and Irma, Eircom will not oppose any court application, meaning that the orders will be automatically granted. A spokesman for Eircom confirmed that Eircom ‘‘will not oppose any application [Irma] may make seeking the blocking of access from their network’’ to blacklisted websites.

The rest of the country’s internet providers, which include BT, UPC (which owns NTL and Chorus) and mobile operators, have yet to respond formally. The move was disclosed in a letter sent to internet providers last week, threatening legal action if they did not comply with Irma’s demands.

Irma has identified Pirate Bay, the world’s biggest file swapping website, as the first site that it will seek to have blocked. It will then move on to ‘‘similar websites’’.

http://www.thepost.ie/post/pages/p/story.aspx-qqqt=IRELAND-qqqm=nav-qqqid=39782-qqqx=1.asp

bunch of pricks, 99% of torrents I use are for bootlegs and the like, think they'll try to block something like rapidshare?

IRMA Head of Anti-Piracy Operations: Sean Murtagh
Telephone: 01 280 65 71

just in case anyone wants to phone and discuss or maybe just order him a pizza for all his sterling work

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back