ISH Magazine Launch. (1 Viewer)

Habent seen ISH but I look forward to seeing it. I've just read all this and I think Niall S totally overreacted to Andy. Andy initially made some honest critisisms about stuff like design from a readers point of view, stuff that you could maybe consider for future issues. Nothing wrong with that.

Then it got messy.

Good luck with the mag

It was kind of a private joke that I thought Andy would get after reading my articles but he didn't and then it got messy.

When you get the mag and read my articles then maybe you'll get it, I deliberately wanted to stay away from explaining my arrogant and patranizing attitude cause its the way I portray myself in the magazine and if you read the magazine instead of analyzing it, you'd probably understand that.

keithaburke said:
Let's try and be a bit constructive here eyelash. Some people have obviously put a fair bit of work into something. Aparently they seem not to have hit the mark on the first round... in some peoples eyes.

What kind of things would you like to see in a magazine?

You see it's easy to say what you don't like, there are too many pseudo wits. To be consrtuctive... one has to be creative. be Frank Skinner... not David B'Deal.

the whole magazine was just negative; bad writing, bad photos, bad design. it made me feel bad, and so it gets a bad responce.

what would i like to see in a magazine? good new things that are interesting. ha.

eyelish said:
the whole magazine was just negative; bad writing, bad photos, bad design. it made me feel bad, and so it gets a bad responce.

what would i like to see in a magazine? good new things that are interesting. ha.

Hey dude, with a response like that - I think you might have what it takes to be a writer.

Wanna job!!!! :D

Ye muppet

Well actually it was more like me playing good and bad cop, you should check out some of my work alot of the times I am arguing with myself.

Some of the shit in my Dear Terry columns are articles that I wrote in about and solved myself, desperated times call for desperate measures.

Anyway if I had of enitially responded with something "Ohh really, sorry you didn't like it, we tried our best. Hopefully you'll like the next one" We would have had all of you posting up with a bunch of "Don't listen to him, he's just a knobcheese" kind of posts. All I did was get in there before the rest of you did with what I thought to be a bit of light hearted wit, I haven't got a bad attitude I just have bad taste is all.

Anyway its all good keep the feedback coming please.

Niall

Niall S. said:
Well actually it was more like me playing good and bad cop, you should check out some of my work alot of the times I am arguing with myself.

Some of the shit in my Dear Terry columns are articles that I wrote in about and solved myself, desperated times call for desperate measures.

Anyway if I had of enitially responded with something "Ohh really, sorry you didn't like it, we tried our best. Hopefully you'll like the next one" We would have had all of you posting up with a bunch of "Don't listen to him, he's just a knobcheese" kind of posts. All I did was get in there before the rest of you did with what I thought to be a bit of light hearted wit, I haven't got a bad attitude I just have bad taste is all.

Anyway its all good keep the feedback coming please.

Niall

"Don't wisten to twem Niall, there just wuffians"

Tokey said:
Hey dude, with a response like that - I think you might have what it takes to be a writer.

Wanna job!!!! :D

Ye muppet

i'm just being honest and simple about whats wrong with your magazine.
and dont call me a muppet about it for gods sake. its a bad magazine in my opinion and it made me feel bad to read it, sounds like it made a bad impression on a few other people too. so thats fair.

no i dont want a job, i doubt i'll ever read another issue even.

Tokey said:
Havent seen it in years. Tell me EXACTLY what was sexist aboiut it. Coz none of the girls found it sexist.

"oooh Tom's standing up for the poor defenceless females........maybe they'll sleep with him for it?"

jeSUS

and i'm a girl, i found it sexist and discriminatory.
if the girls interviewed didnt find it sexist probably because they were flattered for a few minutes at being asked for an interview, without thinking so far ahead as to the fact that every other band interviewed, reviewed and given a normal treatment were mostly male. so it makes them look like idiots for sitting down answering questions about boob jobs and short skirts while male bands for the most part get seriously discussed. makes it look like the only reason they got in the issue was because someone decided to do a girls special, bot because their bands are as good as anyone elses.

this is pretty simple stuff though. you'd think you'd know....

ps on a few of the girls photos there was things like "left to right: molly, sarah" or whatever. did that happen with the boys photos?

its crazy that i haven't read the mag, but now i want to see what all the fuss is about.

its also crazy that i've never met niall s. and i think that he comes across as a childish dickhead.

i hope its good, it is a good thing for a new magazine that covers all spectrums of the irish independent music scene....

other than that, as usual these threads are much more entertaining when everyone is diving in with not-very-well-thought-out arguements.

Originally Posted by c4o
Du är dum i huvet, och du ser ut som en hund.
Tokey said:
WTF????????
Yous is nasty in huvet , and yous appears paternal dogs.

Like, duh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back