Is there an 'Everton thread everyone loves them' thread? (6 Viewers)

Firstly there's this

So let's recap,

Leaves United, takes a pay cut to play for Everton in order to start more games and get his game for Ireland. Plays really well finishes higher than anyone else in the squad in the PL and still doesn't get picked.

He fucked off because he knew he was never getting picked so why bother. He's a legendary moan according to everyone at Everton so it's not that surprising. There's two of them in it, He shouldn't have said fuck this I'm off but lets not forget how mental Trap was. So, yeah on one hand fuck him.

On the other hand if he starts in the holding role along side McCarthy with Brady, Hoolihan, Pilkington etc playing in front of them and we win games well enough, all will soon be forgiven fairly quickly. Football is a fickle game after all.

If I was manager I wouldn't pick him on principal, on the other hand if he plays as well this season as he did last it'd be hard not to.

If he and Trap had had a row I'd have said fair enough they can't/don't get on and with Trap gone then the way is clear. But it doesn't seem to have played out that way, he just comes across as a bit of a spoiled brat.

If he and Trap had had a row I'd have said fair enough they can't/don't get on and with Trap gone then the way is clear. But it doesn't seem to have played out that way, he just comes across as a bit of a spoiled brat.

He does, I agree, but, I don't think there's much difference between having a row with someone and deciding to leave and having someone ignore you and deciding to leave. They're equally shitty things to do in my book, but these things happen and if two people fall out out or fail to communicate it's both parties fault.

I can understand Gibson's frustration at not even getting a few minutes in the Italy game, and there were also rumours that Trap mocked him for being overweight in front of the other players, but the absentee period might work against him, I'm sure any future manager will be wary of the possibility of him jumping ship again if he's not happy (maybe they'll look to Glen 'Mr Reliable' Whelan instead and we'll get 5 more years of him, hooray). It'd be great if he got a decent partnership going with McCarthy anyway. What's the story with Shane Duffy, seemed he was on the fringes of the team last year but doesn't appear to have featured in a matchday squad so far under Martinez..

I can understand Gibson's frustration at not even getting a few minutes in the Italy game, and there were also rumours that Trap mocked him for being overweight in front of the other players, but the absentee period might work against him, I'm sure any future manager will be wary of the possibility of him jumping ship again if he's not happy (maybe they'll look to Glen 'Mr Reliable' Whelan instead and we'll get 5 more years of him, hooray). It'd be great if he got a decent partnership going with McCarthy anyway. What's the story with Shane Duffy, seemed he was on the fringes of the team last year but doesn't appear to have featured in a matchday squad so far under Martinez..

Centre halves don't really mature until they're about 25 so I wouldn't write him off just yet. Martinez seems to rate Heitinga higher than him which is slightly worrying and we signed Alcaraz from Wigan which is also worrying.

The bottom line is that those two are probably better on the ball than Duffy and that's what Martinez looks for first and foremost. If he does force his way in it'll be great for Ireland because he'll have worked under one manager who swore by defensive discipline and rigidity and another who insists on passing the ball out of defence. He impressed a lot of people in the games he played in and I think he'd have more games under his belt at this stage had it not been for the horrific injury he suffered. Time will tell but he looks like he has everything required to be a decent player alright.

We haven't got the talent pool to ignore players, for whatever reason. Trap seemed a bit mental, a bit one dimensional. But over the years he fell out with too many players. We, as a footballing nation, cannot afford that,because we're tiny. And shit. Sadly if it comes down to Dorn Gibbo or Gentleman Glen, I'll take gibbo. I don't see that what he's done is that bad. Let him be a spoiled cunt all he wants if he delivers. The modern managers job is to facilitate spoiled cunts, because they're all spoiled cunts.

Sounds like the kind of thing someone would say about a guy that got more tail than he did.
Ferry never won the league and cup as both player and manager so he is a wimp.

Said this on twitter but it's true on thumped too,

A Bobby Martinez side with good players that might win games is an exciting prospect. Watching his Wigan made me feel sad and empty.

Lukaku so far tonight, fucking hell.

They won the cup!!! For a team like Wigan that's fucking huge.

Still playing suicideball. We just can't shut games down the way United and Chelski do. Was having kittens here for the whole 2nd half.

To be fair we were the better side throughout. Played the better ball but got a bit complacent. Newcastle couldn't have played any worse if they tried in the first half. So I wasn't surprised they came out and made a game of it.

McCarthy and Coleman were excellent. Top 4 still unbeaten plenty of positives.

They won the cup!!! For a team like Wigan that's fucking huge.

And it was a marvelous day, I was beyond delighted for them. And they beat Everton and City on the way to doing it which were tough challenges; also Macclesfield, Bournmouth, Millwall and Huddersfield, all teams they should beat.

They lost more than 50% of the games they played in the league last season, they way they played was really admirable but to see it end in failure so often was a total bummer.

Football is to help short men get laid.
Not true
http://metro.co.uk/2010/03/11/peter-crouch-wins-funniest-man-in-sport-vote-after-virgin-jibe-161087/

And what musicians are any fucking different ?

In what other line of work could this man

1366921055-11682_prince-1979.jpg

Ride this woman

original.gif

Or this man

Shane-McGowan-of-The-Pogues.jpg

Ever ride anything ?

And it was a marvelous day, I was beyond delighted for them. And they beat Everton and City on the way to doing it which were tough challenges; also Macclesfield, Bournmouth, Millwall and Huddersfield, all teams they should beat.

They lost more than 50% of the games they played in the league last season, they way they played was really admirable but to see it end in failure so often was a total bummer.

History is made by the brave, It's why Stoke have won fuck all, and Wigan and Birmingham City won cups in the last 5 years that's the difference between Football and every single other sport.

Didn't do an awful lot in the second half today but I think Everton fans can feel very cheesed off about the reffing today.
We do.
The early goal murdered us. If we'd gotten the peno or if they'd gone 10 minutes into the second half without scoring they might have gotten the yips and the crowd might have gotten on their backs and we might have nicked something. We missed Gibo hugely, that's the exact type of game he was immense in last season. McCarthy isn't quite up to the tough man role yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back