Is there an 'Everton thread everyone loves them' thread? (4 Viewers)

Other than Liverpool and Chelsea, who won it and arse, who came close, the only teams to have ever taken it seriously are Midlesbra and Fulham and neither of those teams were relegated that season. Did their rep a favour actually. I've seen English teams play their B-teams and still have a shit domestic season. It good for your better players to play against better teams, right? Why do Newcastle, for example, go for a european place when they don't want it? Remember when Bolton were in it? Jaaaaaaaaayses.
Fulham did well but they were playing the exact type of football that does well inn europe, they didn't suffer that season but did for the next few. Boro was pretty much the same story. The main thing is to qualify every season. When us and Villa did it for a few years we tried to win it and finished top 6 Villa didn't give two fucks and went out early.
Champions league place for the winner of the Europe league. That'd spice that sausage right up.
It's the first good idea UEFA have had in a while
Birmingham did okay in the Europa League while playing in the Championship the season before last, unlucky not to make it out of the group stage.
The group stage in the Europa League is a joke. Very poor teams in it at that stage.

Half of Wazza's wages would still be twice what anyone else makes at Toffee land. You'll be pleased to hear that they're planning a 15 mil bid for McCarthy. Can't imagine they'd need both. Ideal scenario, Joey B goes to Wigan. Unideal scenario, Everton go for teh cheap, mental, option.

Half of Wazza's wages would still be twice what anyone else makes at Toffee land. You'll be pleased to hear that they're planning a 15 mil bid for McCarthy. Can't imagine they'd need both. Ideal scenario, Joey B goes to Wigan. Unideal scenario, Everton go for teh cheap, mental, option.

The 15 mil for McCarthy has to be raised first We're also looking at 6mil for Gary Medel from Sevilla. That's 21 Million, Now where have I heard that number mentioned before.

Ah yes bye bye Fella, we still love you.

To be honest Barton has a few qualities, when he actually wants to play. If he wants to play for us it could be a decent signing we already have Pienaar Johnny H and Gibson who are basically walking red cards anyway. Might as well add one more to the pile.

Well, the McCarthy deal might be a goer if Fellaianiniainiaiaini goes to United. Looks like it's happening. Fair play, Cesc.

Well that was the most frustrating game of football I've ever watched. We're going to have to get used to the fact that teams are going to come to Goodison and park the bus thus season but seriously, Hit the post hit the crossbar should have had a penalty or two dominated for the entirety had 20 odd shots and just could not score. It was fucking infuriating.

We need to up the tempo no doubt about that. Gibson can't come back soon enough. On the plus side, you can see what Martinez is trying to instill. We passed it superbly and Barkley is a real talent, best player on the park by a country mile all day today. Like the player Rooney is trying to be at united now but with a bigger engine. If Fellani does go and McCarthy comes in we could be okay if he stays fit.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Does this look like a 'wimp' to you??

Very impressed by Everton today. Thought it was an excellent game in general but they were really good. Deserved their win.

Hair brained theory, Meireles to be Everton's Shaun Maloney this season. I mean that in the best possible way. Last season Maloney was the Scottish Iniesta.

Very impressed by Everton today. Thought it was an excellent game in general but they were really good. Deserved their win.

Hair brained theory, Meireles to be Everton's Shaun Maloney this season. I mean that in the best possible way. Last season Maloney was the Scottish Iniesta.
He was excellent last season too. Pity Suarez put him out for a significant part of the season by assaulting him in the derby.

Missed the match because I didn't realise it was on at 5:30. Looking forward to watching the highlights though.

He was excellent last season too. Pity Suarez put him out for a significant part of the season by assaulting him in the derby.

Missed the match because I didn't realise it was on at 5:30. Looking forward to watching the highlights though.
Found a site where you can watch whole matches so just gave it a look there. To be fair Chelski battered us for long periods, but we got stuck in and worked really hard. We didn't pass it nearly as well as we have been doing but you can see the direction Martinez wants to go in. Barry played well and it's good to have two of virtually the exact same player in him and Gibson especially since you wouldn't expect either of them to play every game this season. You could see where Fellani is missing as the obvious out ball when we're under the cosh but Jelavic and Miralles worked so hard to make up for that. Naismith did okay for once, still gives the ball away far too much though. Satisfied overall but beating Chelski is a bonus it's the slip ups against Norwich, West Brom and Cardiff that are telling. We should have 12 points for all the chances we've made and for the possession we've had. Chelski fans know what our seasons been like so far now. Early days but you can see the plan unfolding.

He was excellent last season too.

There were a few games I saw last season where I thought he was brilliant, particularly in the second half of the season. But I thought he didn't work hard enough for Moyes, or Moyes' Everton at least. I feel as though Martinez will indulge him more this year.

Nice to see Barkley doing well, I remember him having a great game on the opening day maybe 2 years ago.

I've always had a soft spot for Everton, I'm an Arsenal fan because of O'Leary and Quinn at Italia 90, if it hadn't been for them both playing for us Sheedy might have made me a toffee.

There were a few games I saw last season where I thought he was brilliant, particularly in the second half of the season. But I thought he didn't work hard enough for Moyes, or Moyes' Everton at least. I feel as though Martinez will indulge him more this year.

Nice to see Barkley doing well, I remember him having a great game on the opening day maybe 2 years ago.

I've always had a soft spot for Everton, I'm an Arsenal fan because of O'Leary and Quinn at Italia 90, if it hadn't been for them both playing for us Sheedy might have made me a toffee.
Yeah Sheedy was the icing on the cake. When he equalised against England I was cool for about a week.

Moyes turns lazy players into team players or turns creative players into work horses. The problem is that he seems to dilute the effectiveness of the genuinely creative. Hopefully he stays fit and focussed on getting into the world cup squad for Belgium.

Read Gibson's interview in the indo today. I arbitrarily judge his reasons for not making himself availabe to be not good enough and he can now go get fucked for all of eternity.

Unless we get Bielsa and he's wanted for a back 3.

Firstly there's this

Everton in his first two seasons was such that the club won 52% of the games he played in and only 25% of those he did not,

So let's recap,

Leaves United, takes a pay cut to play for Everton in order to start more games and get his game for Ireland. Plays really well finishes higher than anyone else in the squad in the PL and still doesn't get picked.

He fucked off because he knew he was never getting picked so why bother. He's a legendary moan according to everyone at Everton so it's not that surprising. There's two of them in it, He shouldn't have said fuck this I'm off but lets not forget how mental Trap was. So, yeah on one hand fuck him.

On the other hand if he starts in the holding role along side McCarthy with Brady, Hoolihan, Pilkington etc playing in front of them and we win games well enough, all will soon be forgiven fairly quickly. Football is a fickle game after all.

If I was manager I wouldn't pick him on principal, on the other hand if he plays as well this season as he did last it'd be hard not to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back