Is the Janelle Monáe album any good? (2 Viewers)

I have no idea, but I read about it on sweetoblivion's blog and she gives it the deux-thumb-up.

If I could get the double-endorsement from I Is John, well that would make me buy it, so let me know John, ok?

I have no idea, but I read about it on sweetoblivion's blog and she gives it the deux-thumb-up.

If I could get the double-endorsement from I Is John, well that would make me buy it, so let me know John, ok?

yeah alright. I'll go get it so.

I know it involves Atlanta so that means Cameo+Outkast so it's good
but it's also on P Diddy's label so that's bad.

humm

no idea, sorry

ok then.

I just looked at Sweetoblivion's blog and it's totally wrong cos her central thesis seems to lie on the facts that Lady GaGa is attractive (which she isn't) and Janelle Monáe is in some way not totally hot (obviously she is).

bah!

If she still posted here I might have been able to get an argument out of this. Where's my Beth Ditto thread anyway?

up-monae_lrg.jpg

looks just like a young Grace Jones.

I like how you got the fada in the subject there I is John. Very proper. Good on ya.

I just looked at Sweetoblivion's blog and it's totally wrong cos her central thesis seems to lie on the facts that Lady GaGa is attractive (which she isn't) and Janelle Monáe is in some way not totally hot (obviously she is).

bah!

that's a joke by the way. she wasn't saying that at all

Seriously I is John, this obsession with me has got to stop, I'm getting worried!

I haven't heard the album yet, I don't think it's out in Europe yet - it's out in the US though. I've heard a few tracks off it and some are brilliant, some - like the of Montreal one - are OK. But I have high hopes!

My blog piece is about her image and how it relates to female popstars. (I've been gone, but I haven't changed much, eh?)

humm, i'm on my second listen to it now and it's not brilliant.

I mean, the songs are generally very good, great even, but it may as well be the new beyonce cd, it more or less sounds like another producer record (and there are a LOT of producers on this thing). Long story short, she does not sound like she's in control of the music. A Lady GaGa song would be a million times more distinctive. Also 18 tracks FFS.

I'd love to hear an album by the band in the below video but they appear to just be a well choreographed act

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

imho she needs to take control

Seriously I is John, this obsession with me has got to stop, I'm getting worried!

I haven't heard the album yet, I don't think it's out in Europe yet - it's out in the US though. I've heard a few tracks off it and some are brilliant, some - like the of Montreal one - are OK. But I have high hopes!

My blog piece is about her image and how it relates to female popstars. (I've been gone, but I haven't changed much, eh?)

oh, hi

Her image seems to reference the nation of islam.

The suits, ties and shades may represent a sombre, back to basics approach, but it's still a cookie cutter by any other name.

Are you a Tory, Aoife?

l

Great to see an act come out onto a chatshow like that and own the stage..
She should record in the Daptone studio

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back