Irish punks in MRR (1 Viewer)

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Punk planet is a complete rag in terms of the college rock shite they cover and the comprehensively shite reviews section, but the columns are top notch, worth the price of the rag alone.

I aint ever read it, but I got that book of interveiws they put out, which was pretty good

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
The columns I read tend to be about records so aren't really columns as such.

Yeah i tend to just read the reviews and demos section.Oh and George Tabb's column.Now and then there's a good interview or something but i don't usually like many of the bands they cover.

mazzyianne said:
Next time you play a gig you should get that on the posters,

OAK - just sub-Zeppelin cock-rock, all a bit tedious frankly.

I thought it would make a good album title.

glen said:
Didn't they do that to TKO records as well?

I aint sure bro. tim yo announced they would no longer review bands on labels that weren't "punk" and he listed some labels, including alternative tentacles. that was how I remember it.. could be wrong, it was years ago. I have a feeling they fell out with TKO cos they pulled an add for a TKO release cos there was an american flag in it.. I could be wrong... MRR is just too self righteous for me, no amount of mykel board's third world hooker storys can balance it out..

u:m said:
I stopped getting mrr years ago, when they banned alternative tentacles bands, but somone left a copy in my house a while ago and I was reminded how much I loved mykel board's column. any fans?
mykel board, george tabb and sometimes arwen curry...the rest of the magazine...not a big fan

I don't really like Mykel Board's column.I dunno i just never really took to it. Arwen Curry's column is usually good and so is yer man Paul's-the new coordinator.I used to like Felix Havoc's column too but i went off it...

Originally Posted by u:m
the columns are pretty lame these days, whatever happened to lawrence livermore? does he write for anyone these days?

have you read the absolutely zippo anthology? still around, not a huge amount of lawrence livermore, but the important era none the less, and a lot of entertaining silly punk shit. not a beacon of intelligent coherant literature, but very entertaining.

hitlist.gif

Hit list has some outstanding columnists, like Thee Whiskey Rebel and Rev Norb. Most of them read like they're off their face and ranting, which i quite like.

I don't remember too much about it just I didn't like it. It's mostly made up of ex MRR staff though isn't it?

The anti MRR thing is something that always put me off Punk Planet at the strt,every issue seemed to be full of sly digs at it. I don't get the slagging of MRR,every issue has requests for submissions. So therefore,if you don't like it,change it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back