Irish punks in MRR (1 Viewer)

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Hit list has some outstanding columnists, like Thee Whiskey Rebel and Rev Norb. Most of them read like they're off their face and ranting, which i quite like.

thats razorcake innit? also Narduar and Rythm Chicken are always ace, Ben Snakepit is always hit or miss, should stick to the 3 frame comic strip

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Hit list has some outstanding columnists, like Thee Whiskey Rebel and Rev Norb. Most of them read like they're off their face and ranting, which i quite like.
Hit List is Jeff Bale's rag, took some people from Flipside too. I haven't read it since jeff Bale declared his support for America's was on iraq

u:m said:
I aint sure bro. tim yo announced they would no longer review bands on labels that weren't "punk" and he listed some labels, including alternative tentacles. that was how I remember it.. could be wrong, it was years ago.
Tim yo is now dead and some of the policy has changed. you should try mrr again it has improved a lot over the last few years.

I have a feeling they fell out with TKO cos they pulled an add for a TKO release cos there was an american flag in it.. I could be wrong... MRR is just too self righteous for me, no amount of mykel board's third world hooker storys can balance it out..
timo, The TKO ad was pulled over some sort of patriotic stance by a band on the label and now both sides don't really entertain each other.

niallmc said:
Tim yo is now dead and some of the policy has changed. you should try mrr again it has improved a lot over the last few years.
timo, The TKO ad was pulled over some sort of patriotic stance by a band on the label and now both sides don't really entertain each other.

yeah, I know, poor tim yo, young enough dude. I wasn't critcizing them about the TKO thing, I can understand how somthing like that would be kinda sensitive in the states right now. theres a lot of things I respect about MRR, but there was always things about it I didn't really like, even when I used to buy it, and really look foward to it. these days Im not that interested in anything or anyone who have a really rigid idea of what punk rock is I guess. I also prefer zines and magazines and websites that cover all kinds of independent music. Id still definitley buy MRR the odd time

didn't know jeff bale supported iraq war.. did u read any of the vandals tour diary from when they played for the troops in iraq?
http://kungfurecords.com/html/joesreport.htm
i saw that alright. -it's a bit wierd. on a side note i was on a training course this week given by an ex military person. 14 years in the US military, strong advocate of the war. It gave me an interesting foresight into the world of those who agree with Bush and Blair, still think they're wrong of course but their propoganda war is well listened to.

niallmc said:
i saw that alright. -it's a bit wierd. on a side note i was on a training course this week given by an ex military person. 14 years in the US military, strong advocate of the war. It gave me an interesting foresight into the world of those who agree with Bush and Blair, still think they're wrong of course but their propoganda war is well listened to.

yeah. Ive met quite a few americans in bands who are surprisingly sympathetic to the war. life is complicated I guess

niallmc said:

out of interest what kind of training course was that..?

It could be a virus,but if it is I'm not the worst sufferer. However,I've not seen a doctor about it yet.
I used to go to one called Dr Robert in belfast,but it turned out to be a record shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back