Irish Green Gathering (2 Viewers)

Hope some of yous are coming to this!!

Word on the weather for tomorrow is..it's going to be a blazing day..scorchio....hot stuff..honest...we swear...don't forget yissir suncream.**

*may or may not be true

*may see you pissed in a tent

I just have to wonder how my mother knew this was on and I didnt. First I heard about it was when I got off a bus on friday evening in Enniscorthy and some guy runs over to me asking me if I would like to share a cab to the green gathering. I just looked at him, didnt have a clue about what he was talking about. Then I asked me ma and she told me..

Its meant to be full of hippies alright my friends fella is working behind a bar there and he's bollocking on about seeing nothing but breast feeding. Would have gone only for ive got the flu.

it was pretty empty. we played to, I dunno, about thirty people. and that was a relatively decent crowd. nice spot though. could have a lot of potential.

When did you play?

We played to about 20 folk to, the main stage seemed to be right in the path of all the wind and rain... the bar tent was the safest/dryest place to watch bands from really. Luckily it was grand for 10 past 7 and Rarely Seen Above Ground who were both incredible

Yeah lots of potential, small things like stages flooding and the insane lack of lighting between stage areas and at the campsite aside, it was great hopefully it'll run again next year

Only stayed for the Friday night but had a good time overall. Cap Pas Cap had some serious sound problems (didn't seem to be their fault), but they took it in good humour. Rain was depressing, beer was good, not enough people. Potential though. I thought the premise of this was that it would all be run on 'sustainable' energy sources? Didn't seem that way to me.

id def like to see this going next year again - with some better publicity and more of a crowd it would be legend - and a healthy sprinkling of good weather! We played to a v small crowd aswell... which in ratio to the amount of people who were actually there, was about 70% of the festival goers. Ha! Seriously tho - was a really nice vibe and *everyone* I met down there was really sound.

i had my doubts.

Yeah, there were a few cool things like the foot-powered lathe and the 'green' red bus, but I doubt the stall that was roasting the pig was using solar energy. Wouldn't have thought the chemical toilets were very 'sustainable' either.

When did you play?

We played to about 20 folk to, the main stage seemed to be right in the path of all the wind and rain... the bar tent was the safest/dryest place to watch bands from really. Luckily it was grand for 10 past 7 and Rarely Seen Above Ground who were both incredible
yesterday afternoon on the main stage. we were originally supposed to be the final act on the wood stage, but apparently the stage sank!? anyway, it could have been less. I'm very bad at guessing crowds. and I'm including some people who were standing way back! but yeah, the weather was actually pretty deadly yesterday. made standing around in a field all the more bearable. pity I spent a large percentage of it driving to the venue and back to cork. not very sustainable behaviour at all!!!

I heard matt from ten past seven fell off the stage? haha.

re: sustainable energy... I saw some solar panels round the side of the main stage, although I seriously doubt they were of much use! there's a big wind farm off the coast of wexford isn't there? maybe that's where they got their energy?

good to see o'hara stout for sale. and I want one of those bicycle smoothie makers.

Yeah, there were a few cool things like the foot-powered lathe and the 'green' red bus, but I doubt the stall that was roasting the pig was using solar energy. Wouldn't have thought the chemical toilets were very 'sustainable' either.

I don't think there was ever a claim that the fest was running on sustainable energy, more that it was promoting sustainable living... I imagine powering a few stages, a couple of bars and the various eateries by sustainable means would be stupidly exspensive

There were three chemical toilets, but pleanty of green loos (read: bails of hay, the gents urinals were a gas) I think it's fair enough, most jobbies the green loos would handle, but if you needed some serious toilet time the chemi-loos were there

I don't think there was ever a claim that the fest was running on sustainable energy,

Not to be a cunt but...

"This brand new, non-profit three day festival will be run on renewable energy only and will be full of Eco friendly events and fantastic music on 3 stages."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back