Irish beer/ ale (1 Viewer)

The local brewery is currently schlepping out this nice 'Summer Ale', not that there's much summer to go with it.
11407131_469560513211251_5848928857535700543_n.jpg

Their "Stony Grey" ale is quite nice too

their beers are seriously strong in general. whats the % on this?
tasty but - I like their stout and IPA - not midweek beers though!

their beers are seriously strong in general. whats the % on this?
tasty but - I like their stout and IPA - not midweek beers though!
This one is 4.6 which is high enough for me. The stony grey is 6.5% I think which is way too much for me, can't handle it. I was at a tasting thing around christmas where they were showing off the new porter - Shanco Dubh which is really strong. Your man told me they were preparing a regular stout to sell all the time but they messed up the alcohol levels and so they made this 'limited edition' one. I see on their site there is an Ulster Black now which I haven't seen in the shop.

Did you go with that Young's kit? I've still got some of mine left but they're not quite as tasty as they were when they maybe 4 - 8 weeks in the bottles.

No, it was a very basic kit from Homebrew.ie, all unbranded. Have a Coopers stout ready to bottle, thanks to @Lefty Frizzell who gave me a load of gear.

Have no idea how strong it is!

No, it was a very basic kit from Homebrew.ie, all unbranded. Have a Coopers stout ready to bottle, thanks to @Lefty Frizzell who gave me a load of gear.

Have no idea how strong it is!

deadly. I have a Coopers Stout kit lying around for ages. I'm gonna do it but follow some recipe I found online to make it fairly strong and hopefully tastier.

Ended up calling it Double Vision,
2015-08-15 20.05.04.jpg

and it was surprisingly yum. Very pleased.

I was also given a ginger beer kit, which I've just bottled today. I'm curious to see how it comes out, but not that excited about 40 bottles of ginger beer. Good at xmas, I suppose!

Have bought a Belgian blonde ale to try next....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back