Irish beer/ ale (1 Viewer)

The local brewery is currently schlepping out this nice 'Summer Ale', not that there's much summer to go with it.
11407131_469560513211251_5848928857535700543_n.jpg

Their "Stony Grey" ale is quite nice too

their beers are seriously strong in general. whats the % on this?
tasty but - I like their stout and IPA - not midweek beers though!

their beers are seriously strong in general. whats the % on this?
tasty but - I like their stout and IPA - not midweek beers though!
This one is 4.6 which is high enough for me. The stony grey is 6.5% I think which is way too much for me, can't handle it. I was at a tasting thing around christmas where they were showing off the new porter - Shanco Dubh which is really strong. Your man told me they were preparing a regular stout to sell all the time but they messed up the alcohol levels and so they made this 'limited edition' one. I see on their site there is an Ulster Black now which I haven't seen in the shop.

Did you go with that Young's kit? I've still got some of mine left but they're not quite as tasty as they were when they maybe 4 - 8 weeks in the bottles.

No, it was a very basic kit from Homebrew.ie, all unbranded. Have a Coopers stout ready to bottle, thanks to @Lefty Frizzell who gave me a load of gear.

Have no idea how strong it is!

No, it was a very basic kit from Homebrew.ie, all unbranded. Have a Coopers stout ready to bottle, thanks to @Lefty Frizzell who gave me a load of gear.

Have no idea how strong it is!

deadly. I have a Coopers Stout kit lying around for ages. I'm gonna do it but follow some recipe I found online to make it fairly strong and hopefully tastier.

Ended up calling it Double Vision,
2015-08-15 20.05.04.jpg

and it was surprisingly yum. Very pleased.

I was also given a ginger beer kit, which I've just bottled today. I'm curious to see how it comes out, but not that excited about 40 bottles of ginger beer. Good at xmas, I suppose!

Have bought a Belgian blonde ale to try next....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back