Ireland (1 Viewer)

Wobbler

Website
www.discogs.com
Well it looks like I've inherited some money (€500), I've been told to do something special with it. My girlfriend and I thought it might be nice to stay in Ireland, going for a swanky hotel and an expensive meal. Where's nice? We can't drive so we'll need somewhere accesible.
Ta.

you can stay in my gaf in finglas and i'll cook you a great dinner for a few nights for that, i'll even throw in a bottle of wine with the dinner.

Nice veiw of the building site behind the gaf. Close to the bus stop so you don't need a car.

for what youd get here for the price, youd be as well off to go abroad. i hear patagonia is lovely at this time of year.

if you want to stay in ireland. try west cork or donegal. nice and quiet but full of locao crazies

The Royal Marine out at Sutton is lovely. I know it's in Dublin, but it'd be easy to get to and the view is amazing. The restaurant is pretty good apparently

The St. Helen's Radisson SAS in Dublin is absolutely lovely. Their restaurant is gorgeous as well and the rooms are without fault. It's a 10 minute busride to/from Ballsbridge. I believe they have a spa - you can treat your girlfriend to a treatment.

Carton House in Maynooth --- think you can take the train to Maynooth and then a taxi up?? Not sure. Worth checking out tho because it's an amazing hotel.

Schoolhouse hotel on the canal is really reasonable and their restaurant is second to none. Actually this is one of our faves when we spend a night in Dublin.

Hope that helps.

The G Hotel in Galway, although it is expensive so I'm not sure how far 500 will stretch. I'm going again in February for my birthday and we're staying in a suite. I can't facking wait. I love this place.

Note: The restaurant in the hotel is shite but Galway city is close by for eating.

www.theghotel.ie

for what youd get here for the price, youd be as well off to go abroad. i hear patagonia is lovely at this time of year.

if you want to stay in ireland. try west cork or donegal. nice and quiet but full of locao crazies

I can vouch for the crazy locals in donegal.

I'd go for a city break somewhere in Europe.

the g is INCREDIBLE, you'd probably get a good mid-week offer if you look, and they have a thalgo spa. Kelly's won an award recently for being amazing and it's a hotel I'd love to go to, and they have tons of spas and thermal shennanigans and sea thingies that you'd both like. If you're into the pampering thing the brooklodge in wicklow would be good but I don't know how accessible it is.

brooklodge is amazing, i'm being tooken there as part of my christmas present, cant wait :)
you would need a car though, its about an hour from dublin.

Go to Dingle or Kinsale. Two nicest places in the country.
always with the kinsale wha? ;)

but yeah it's nice. as per rsj & ernesto's suggestion. wesht cork bwoy. good times. it's great. ernseto, you were in baltimore. did you go out to cape clear?

ireland rules. so many cool places to go considering the size of our little island. totally miss it.

then again, considering the time of year, wouldn't it be better to locate somewhere less piss and wind swept than the emerald isle in winter?

just back from baltimore, west cork. lovely and peaceful.
recommended. also recommended: kinsale, skibbereen, dingle, le hinch, ballynahinch.
i'm in baltimore at the moment too. you should've told me you were here (because of couse you know i'm from here like).
anyway baltimore is very nice and my family owns half the tourist amenities so i can definitely recommend it.
i.e. give us your money.
seriously though, if i wasn't from here i'd go on holidays here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back