Ireland (4 Viewers)

Was that learned colleague a man or a woman, out of curiosity? And the nurse?
I mean, as I would hate to be a sexist of any kind, I must assume it may have been a female wondering if there was a bang of curry off a man's penis, which I have to confess isn't the type of thing I've ever heard a woman say in a workplace, for some reason.

Learned colleague: Male
Nurse : Female

Women are scared (for want of a better word) of Irish men.
But it's a situation they live with and have adjusted to. It's the devil/hell/horror they know and have to live with while things improve at a glacial pace.
Scared is a perfectly good word. We haven't adjusted to it. It distorts and destroys our lives. But men refuse to take that seriously. They don't care.

never had a girlfriend in my life. it was for the best.
Nooleen - you have been the best poster on thumped over the years (here comes the but...) I don't understand why you have a problem with this statement.
Never been in a relationship. I will continue to say so.
I am also extremely likely the least intelligent person posting regularly on thumped, so you are probably going to destroy this post with one sentence but being thick I'll take the risk.

I interpreted it as 'glad I didn't sign up to listening to this shit'
I am not worthy of having a relationship with anyone regardless of gender. I have very little to offer. That is OK and certainly not bad.

Let's just be friends is great - isn't it?

I don't do high risk stuff -
No drink, drugs, relationships, traveling, can't drive etc. etc.
I also I am loner and don't feel motivated to be very close to other people.

I read 150 women's accounts of harrassment and sexual assault over the years before I ever heard of Harvey Weinstein. That was just in passing in zines, columns, interviews.
I am terrified that any of us could do this with enough drugs or power.

Where I seem to get into trouble is when I say folks need to have red lines and be wary of changes in people's (overwhelmingly men) behaviour. Have someone you can turn to for help always.
People don't seem to think this is helpful?

I spend a lot of time thinking about this stuff - even though it isn't part of my life.

I don't trust anyone that much and have no experience of most of this stuff. Being on your own is cool ♥️ - I wish more people felt this way.

A woman here won't enter from the front of the building because of the rainbow flags that were put up.
QJEDCO3XZOAMRS3FPUASZFSGBQ.jpg

That's not true, you shouldn't talk about yourself like that ❤️
I am totally OK with who I am. I'd rather be understood than ''loved''.

I think many people put too much pressure on themselves and rate themselves too much - competitive types. Then you get folks who put themselves down - ''I look terrible - I don't look like when I was 20 anymore!''.
I don't do either.

The overwhelmingly criteria I judge people on is are they a nice person - Do they think of others, regardless of whether they are friends or family or strangers? Do they think about how their actions affect the world?
If you treat people with respect and are thoughtful then anything else is a bonus.

Gifted people who use their talents to help people and vulnerable people who still manage to be decent folks are some of the best

Good communication is essential to me. If I overexplain things (I don't think I do) it's because that is how I'd want to be spoken too. You can't give me too much info. I could give hundreds of examples of being obligated to do things I didn't see the point of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back