Ireland (4 Viewers)

You do have "a relationship" with all of us. 'sayin.
Yeah - that is very true.
I posted 600+ times between Dec. 2004 - autumn 2006. Then I lost interest and for a decade or slightly longer and did no more than 40 posts p.a. Since about 2018 I went really OTT and I went from 1000 posts in March 2020 (1st lockdown) to 6,200+ now.

A popular thumpedster responding to me saying I didn't see the point of something, put me off in 2006.
I always found them annoying and made a point of not responding to anything they said. I got annoyed when they didn't reciprocate this!

I am totally OK with who I am. I'd rather be understood than ''loved''.
Yes but "not worthy" and "nothing to offer" is objectively untrue. I respect you don't want a relationship but those things just aren't true, no-one should say that about themselves, especially a thoughtful reflective person like you. I'm sorry I misinterpreted you and grateful that you read women's stories.

Yes but "not worthy" and "nothing to offer" is objectively untrue. I respect you don't want a relationship but those things just aren't true, no-one should say that about themselves, especially a thoughtful reflective person like you. I'm sorry I misinterpreted you and grateful that you read women's stories.
Cheers.
If someone can't verbally explain something or I don't see the point in it, my poor mind isn't really able to process that.

With any form of privilege we all have to bear in mind that we could be getting things badly wrong and never realise it.
Identity politics really kicked in about 2007. A lot diverse groups of people before began to have their say. It was a lot to take in how different other folks experiences were. It could be a bit overwhelming and sometimes it had an unintended effect of dividing groups into prioritising their own struggles.

I have a stack load of politically minded records from the 20th Century that are bang on with what they address but are oblivious to other issues of the more diverse world we live in now.

I 100% agree with this. ❤️

I'm sorry I called all men pricks and rapists. I've been reading feminist literature and got riled up.
Keep the fire burning. Justified rage keeps me warm at night.
I think I'm angrier now than I was 20 years ago and dont take the same shit I used to. I've seem too many things being done to and said about women I care for, and that pisses me off a million times more then when it happens to me.

This concept of using a single number to define intelligence, as if it were a one dimensional quantity, is funny though. There's loads of dimensions to intelligence for want of a better word.

Like some people are good at seeing certain patterns, some are good at reading people, or situations, or speaking, or explaining things. Some are good at coding, or painting, or fixing things, or working with music, or dealing with chaos, or navigating, or whatever.

And I'm not even sure how much it matters even. Like if you're not very intelligent in the dimension of painting, but you really enjoy it, so what? You don't have to be any good. Like, maybe it's nice to be recognized as being good at something, but it's ok to be shit at something. If you like it, that's all that matters pretty much.

Like I was embarrassed about being thick in loads of ways, I still am frustrated by it I suppose, but you kind of have to learn to forgive yourself and ask how much of it matters. There isn't really that much point in comparing yourself to other people, which is the core of what intelligence is trying to measure I guess, how you compare. I think I'm re-iterating some of what @nuke terrorist is saying maybe, only with an emphasis on being less hard on yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Unicron
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back