Ireland vs. France (1 Viewer)

This is getting ridiculous it's over. On to the euros. They've down graded us 2 places since we qualified for the playoff were now 22nd in europe in spite of losing one competitive game in 2 years. We're behind nations that were out of the world cup before the end of the group stages. So we'll be in a group with Spain and the fucking Swiss Discuss? Isreal, Bulgaria and Norway are ahead of us. Has anyone ever read how they decide the rankings? it's nonsense.

This is getting ridiculous it's over. On to the euros. They've down graded us 2 places since we qualified for the playoff were now 22nd in europe in spite of losing one competitive game in 2 years. We're behind nations that were out of the world cup before the end of the group stages. So we'll be in a group with Spain and the fucking Swiss Discuss? Isreal, Bulgaria and Norway are ahead of us. Has anyone ever read how they decide the rankings? it's nonsense.

Ya seems odd alright. If we can't qualify for the Euros which has 24 teams now then we may as well forget about it altogether.

do you know why he didn't call you, roy, becuase you're a whinging cunt! i wouldn't call ya either. i doubt anyone ever does.

all the more ironic because roy seems to prefer texting people himself - eg. peter taylor who was on his way in to his first day to work at ipswich before roy texted him to stay at home. or steve bruce who he texted to apologise for saying he'd "done nothing in the game" (apart from maybe turning the shower of shit that was sunderland into a half-decent side in a matter of weeks). roy's book should have been called "take that you cunt"

Got back from Paris last night. Incredible game & atmosphere in the stadium. Stade de France is amazing. So fuckin sick after the game. Only realised the extent of that cunts handball the next day whilst watching replays over & over again on Sky Sports....AAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH.

The whole game was surreal. I couldnt beleive we were battering them like that, on this gorgeous pitch...in this stadium. We were great.

I agree with the comments about McShane - the ball should have never fell to Henry. What the fuck kinda position did he get himself into??? Jesus. Launch that scary mallet head at the ball will ya! The other sub, Gibson, was useless too.

Deep down i knew we blew it after the Duff & Keane fluffed chances. That was it, right there. 2-0. Fuck you France. Fuck you.

I got to witness that wonderful goal though. That was special. Doyle had a very important part in that goal, with making a clever run to near post...dragging defenders with him, leaving Keane with the space to bang it in.

fuck it anyway

Fucking hell. I really did presume we would have got into the second pot after this qualification campaign. How on earth did Slovenia, who lost 1 and won 1 against Russia (ranked 13th) gain 93 ranking points. While we, who lost 1 and won 1 (results must be over 90 minutes surely?) against France (ranked 7th) LOST 9 ranking points.

Fucking hell. I really did presume we would have got into the second pot after this qualification campaign. How on earth did Slovenia, who lost 1 and won 1 against Russia (ranked 13th) gain 93 ranking points. While we, who lost 1 and won 1 (results must be over 90 minutes surely?) against France (ranked 7th) LOST 9 ranking points.

The fact that slovenia actually qualified probably has a lot to do with that.

The fact that slovenia actually qualified probably has a lot to do with that.

Touche.

There are other glaring inaccuracies in the rankings though. USA are 11th that's ridiculous. they play against nobody how is it at all possible they are were they are.

I'm finding the future a far more bitter pill to swallow than anything from this campaign. Dunne, Duff, Kilbane and Keane are all last chancers. McShane, Hunt and McGeady are absolute rubbish. One Reid is made of glass and the other has to save Trap from a crocodile to be concidered. Who do we have coming through the ranks?

We've a few youngsters at Everton who else has a few?

steady on. hunt and mcgeady don't deserve the comparison with mcshane. if you think mcgeady is rubbish you must have hated duff for his first few years in the shirt.

Not this again.

By the age McGeady is now Duff had already and been our stand out player at the world cup. A few months later he signed for Chelski and was/is world class. McGeady is hopeless, his final ball is abysmal, are you going to compare 23 year old McGeady to Duff? Do you think Chelski are going to sign him in the transfer window? He showed promise but has never delivered and bottom line he's a midfielder that can't pass and a winger that can't cross. Same goes for Hunt.

ok, fair point in the age comparison but duff was frustrating early in his international career, while always showing obvious potential which is how i feel about mcgeady. at 23 he is still too young to write off i think. he's not there yet and needs a move out of scotland but i think the general disillusionment with him among irish fans is a bit premature. i thought he improved a fair bit over this campaign. bump this in 5 years maybe

Duff's already a world cup legend. Lets relive the good times.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I can't remember where I read this apparently the little respectful bow to the crowd after he scored made him a national hero in South Korea. It could be hyperbole but I'd like to believe it.

P.S ha ha remember Feeder jesus they were shite

Duff's already a world cup legend. Lets relive the good times.

YouTube- World Cup 2002 highlights - RTE, Ireland

I can't remember where I read this apparently the little respectful bow to the crowd after he scored made him a national hero in South Korea. It could be hyperbole but I'd like to believe it.

P.S ha ha remember Feeder jesus they were shite
Why did I just watch that. I feel like crying now. The biggest party in the world and we're not invited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back