Ireland vs. France (1 Viewer)

Reckon Delaney will ask FIFA to recognise Charlize Therons drawing of Ireland in the rehearsal?

Yup and he'll probably try to get them to recognise us as champions on the basis of this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Blatter's not finished patronising us yet.

"But you are right when you see this kind of matter where the whole world has seen foul play, then maybe there could be some kind of compensation for Ireland.We will look at that. Yesterday Ireland withdrew their demands and they asked to meet with us and we will do that next week."

I reckon the best compensation at this point in time is to make Ireland one of the top seeds in the qualifiers for World Cup 2014.
They could swap seed placings with France.

Seems fare to me.

I reckon the best compensation at this point in time is to make Ireland one of the top seeds in the qualifiers for World Cup 2014.
They could swap seed placings with France.

Seems fare to me.

That won't happen. simply because if France win it or place 2nd-4th it would put non qualifying Ireland in the top 5 in the world. The rest of football would rightfully go fucking ape shit. Besides as has been pointed out before we're shit when we're expected to qualify.

On the plus side 19 year old Seamus Coleman is getting a few matches under his belt and looks a decent prospect for the future Pity we couldn't nick Shane Duffy from the north he's a fucking monster of a 17 year old. So at least Evertons injury crisis is good for Irish football. Just need McGeady, Hunt and McShane to crash their motor bikes now and we'll be right as rain.

Did anyone else hear Martin O Niell (edit actually it was a columnist at the BBC I can't find the link, google took me to O Niells comments but as it turns out he made them over a year ago) waxing lyrical about a united Irish team? That's probably about as likely as FIFA giving us a hand out for the euros.

Yeah Seamus Coleman looks a great prospect, man of the match today for Everton, only 6 months after joining from Sligo Rovers. Seems to be a real attacking full-back, created one goal and had a major part in the 2nd. Good week for the young Irish lads with Darron Gibson scoring 3 belters too.

That won't happen. simply because if France win it or place 2nd-4th it would put non qualifying Ireland in the top 5 in the world. The rest of football would rightfully go fucking ape shit. Besides as has been pointed out before we're shit when we're expected to qualify.

Seedings and positions in World football tables aren't inherently linked.
For instance, France are currently 7th in the World Rankings, and Portugal are 5th. However neither team is seeded in the 2010 World Cup. England are, despite being four places behind Portugal.

Seedings are arbitrary. They're informed by the World Rankings, but they're not determined by them.

Therefore I think it's fair that Ireland should be considered favourably when it comes to seedings in the next World Cup Qualifiers at the expense of France.

I agree with Gilesy on Gibbo. He appears to be in the Platty, Matty school of invisible midfielders who pop up with goals and otherwise never seem to do anything. Not that we couldn't use one of those, but I like to see my midfielders get involved. He needs to be playing regularly to improve his all-round game of course.

Seedings and positions in World football tables aren't inherently linked.
For instance, France are currently 7th in the World Rankings, and Portugal are 5th. However neither team is seeded in the 2010 World Cup. England are, despite being four places behind Portugal.

Seedings are arbitrary. They're informed by the World Rankings, but they're not determined by them.

The seedings were from the rankings from October. Because it apparently wouldn't be fair to take playoffs into account, FIFA being all about the fairness.

The seedings were from the rankings from October. Because it apparently wouldn't be fair to take playoffs into account, FIFA being all about the fairness.

Well the seedings for the playoffs were introduced arbitrarily.
FIFA are not consistent with their rules and amend them on a whim.

Actually... what the fuck is going on with these rankings? England had an almost perfect qualification record yet fall behind France and Portugal in November?

Maybe Ireland should be pushed up the rankings?

Well the seedings for the playoffs were introduced arbitrarily.
FIFA are not consistent with their rules and amend them on a whim.

Actually... what the fuck is going on with these rankings? England had an almost perfect qualification record yet fall behind France and Portugal in November?

Maybe Ireland should be pushed up the rankings?
playoffs for euro 2008 were seeded. although, we'd no interest in that, so we didn't give a fuck. should have put in a preemptive moan then.

Look at Henry. Do you think he's taunting us? :)

_46959511_barcelona.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back