Ireland vs. France (1 Viewer)

It required cheating to make it ineffective. Are we going to single out every other mistake made by an Irish player in the game? Seems only fair. :rolleyes:

Your blame-free world is an inspiration to us all.

Regardless of whether Henry got to the ball, it was irresponsible to let it run without knowing there was a player behind him and taking action as appropriate. The bounce of the ball required Henry to handle, but McShane wasn't to know that it wouldn't hit Henry in the stomach.

Yeah, plenty of mistakes are made in the course of a game, absolutely. And you can be damn sure they're commented on. This incident has dwarfed this particualr game to an unusual extent, so it's hardly unnatural to focus on the defensive mistake.

The moralising about Henry is sickening and mostly comes from know-nothing know-alls. Like me, but different.

he'd say:

padraigs bollix, any chance of the man to which you're attached writing a pro keano chant form the ipswich fans?

Embarrassing. It's funny how people who normally have no interest in football are suddenly riled up and raving. Irish team are a cause celebre.

Actually I've noticed that all the people I know who are up in arms about the handball are non-football fans, whereas the football fans are more or less "ah well, shit happens, move on with dignity".

Embarrassing. It's funny how people who normally have no interest in football are suddenly riled up and raving. Irish team are a cause celebre.

exactly,most football fans are over it by now,its all the people who wouldnt normally watch a game still pissing and moaning,like i said before
cry_a_river_build_a_bridge_get_over_it_hat-p148698704548132176q02g_400.jpg

(i want one of those hats)

A lot of cowboy hats are going to go unsold and a lot of people have been denied a lot of drinking opportunities as a result of this miscarriage of justice. If you ask me it's the word 'Olé' that's the real victim in all this.

From Football 365

Thierry Henry said:
After the fuss of last night, I am looking for a quiet day today. Michel Platini is coming over for a celebratory lunch, and I must stock up on provisions. I get in the car and reverse out of the drive.

CLUNK.

Zut! I have hit something. I get out to investigate. I see my next-door neighbour running towards me; instinct takes over. I hurl myself to the ground and start crying.

"Oh my God, oh my God...Tiddles! Tiddles!," shouts the woman. "You've run over my cat, you b***ard."

I walk round the back of the car. I shrug, in that charming and insouciant way that I have. Sure enough, there is a little cat there. He is as flat as Arsenal's play after my departure.

"Maybe I did run over your cat," I say. "But I am not a traffic light."

The woman is crying now. I put my finger to my lips, then shake it in her face, as if to say "no, no, no" - for I do not see why I should take responsibility for what I have done, just because I have done it.

Is it my fault that the cat is made of soft tissue and blood, rather than, for instance, reinforced steel or concrete? Of course not.

I did what anyone would do: I pressed my foot on the accelerator - this causes more oxygen to flow through the carburettor, and makes the car move. The cat did not see me, the cat bounced off my bumper and I drove on. I am not an RSPCA inspector.

Was it deliberate? It is not for me to say if something I have done is deliberate. I am reversing a car out of my drive, not an adult human being with free will.

I am considering apologising to the neighbour when Michel Platini pulls up in his Renault Clio.

"Nicole!" he shouts.

"Papa!" I say, which is a little joke we have and for which we get 150,000 Euros each per month for making occasionally on TV and whatnot. It is a short career and you never know when Gillette might get tired of you.

"This man just ran over my cat," says the neighbour.

"Have you got it on video?" asks Michel.

"Of course I haven't got it on video - are you mental?" says the woman.

"Never happened then, did it?" says Platini.

Just for safety's sake, he gets back in his car and reverses over the corpse of the cat.

"Thank God she doesn't have a video," he laughs. "Her cat is gone, and we are still here - and that's better for everyone worldwide. Vive La France!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back