Ireland vs. France (1 Viewer)

Roy Keane was just on Sky Sports News there, he started by speaking some sense and asking "where were the defenders and the keeper? how does the ball bounce in the 6yard box?" Although any criticism of McShane is laughable from Roy as he signed him for Sunderland !!

He then said no professional sportsman would have done differently then Henry before launching into an obviously preplanned attack on John Delaney and the FAI and questioning Delaney's right to speak on morals/integrity in football.

Finally he laughed off the idea of a replay saying Ireland got against Georgia and "it was one of the worst penalty decisions ever. I don't recall Ireland offering Goergia a replay."

To quote the mighty Jack Charlton "I don't like him, he's a bitter little man"

Roy was right.
About everything.

There's a big difference between the level of defending in the Championship and what should be expected at international level.

Roy also shunted McShane off to Hull.

that john delaney guy looks like a pisstake. honestly thought it was an apres match thing on the news last night.

delaney_161376t.jpg

Keane's right, it was woeful defending, if there'd been no handball all the focus would be on McShane's awful attempt at shepherding the ball out of play (and our threadbare bench that resulted in an error-prone Championship standard centre-half being thrown into a game of that magnitude).. and Delaney is a goon. I do think it was worth taking some kind of offical stand on the issue because it might expedite the extra referees assistants or whatever other measures they might bring in that could reduce these sort of high-profile mistakes in future. We're in danger of looking like whinging self-pitying idiots though, the world knows we were wronged and Henry has lost whatever pretence he might have at being a squeaky clean fair-play type but there'll be no replay so let's move on and just win the next Euros as 'revenge'.

Keane's right, it was woeful defending, if there'd been no handball all the focus would be on McShane's awful attempt at shepherding the ball out of play .

It should probably be noted that the ball would've gone out of play had Henry not used his hand. If it was Finnan there instead of McShane and the same thing happened no one would dare criticise.

It should probably be noted that the ball would've gone out of play had Henry not used his hand. If it was Finnan there instead of McShane and the same thing happened no one would dare criticise.

Not at all. You don't let someone in behind you like McShane did - it was shite defending. Clear the ball, end of story. In fairness Dunne did the same thing in the first half and Henry nearly scored.

Not at all. You don't let someone in behind you like McShane did - it was shite defending. Clear the ball, end of story. In fairness Dunne did the same thing in the first half and Henry nearly scored.

It wasn't textbook stuff but if the ball had not have been handled it would've been fine! Amazing to criticise the defending here imo.

It wasn't textbook stuff but if the ball had not have been handled it would've been fine! Amazing to criticise the defending here imo.

This is really a discussion for the pub. Meet you in The Welcome Inn tonight at 9. I'll be wearing a red rose on my lapel.

This is absolutely ridiculous. The defending was appalling. He had no awareness of what was behind him, and if he was going to let the ball run he should have made sure to get himself between the ball and anything he couldn't see. It's basic stuff.

This is absolutely ridiculous. The defending was appalling. He had no awareness of what was behind him, and if he was going to let the ball run he should have made sure to get himself between the ball and anything he couldn't see. It's basic stuff.

It required cheating to make it ineffective. Are we going to single out every other mistake made by an Irish player in the game? Seems only fair. :rolleyes:

Henry has just released a statement stating that a replay would be the fairest solution. He wouldn't have said that before FIFA officially put the kibosh on a replay.

roy keane is a cunt and a hypocrite. saying that delaney can't talk about integrity? yeah, well keano can't talk about ireland, in my opinion, having walked out, blaming the fai, and walked back in, when the same suited cunts were in charge. delaney didn't call him, pssshhh! do you know why he didn't call you, roy, becuase you're a whinging cunt! i wouldn't call ya either. i doubt anyone ever does.

and i'm sure it's roys expertise on how to defend that has ipswich doing so well. and the dig at shay! fuck you! i hope his fucking caravan gets flooded. cunt!

It required cheating to make it ineffective. Are we going to single out every other mistake made by an Irish player in the game? Seems only fair. :rolleyes:
if you're trying to defend paul mcshame you know nothing about football and should be banished forthwith from this forum. ball should never have gotten to henry, obviously. and yeah, while we're at it, what about all the chances we spurned. what was with o'shea unmarked in their box, skying the ball with such ferocity? eh? tosser!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back