iPhone in uk on 9th (1 Viewer)

best purchase ever. the risk of getting your iPhone bricked by firmware updates is as stupid as the person clicking the "update" button when itunes asks you to.

really cool device and with some further upgrades to the initial software it will be untouchable by the rest of the phones on the market (have to see this google thing first though).

Why is it stupid to update iTunes when asked?
I've never had a problem.

The point was, that updating iTunes with an iPhone attached would cause problems.

Yeah. iTouch... xmas is just round the etc etc

I have GPs and WiFi on my phone - while it's nice and all that it's just a novelty more than anything else. and I'd stick with what I have now (orbit XDA) over a iPhone anyday

I can put whatever software I like on it
It has 3G unlike the iPhone
And doesn't come with all the palaver of an 18 month contract.

And bear in mind also the iPhone is a sealed unit - there's no way to change the battery if it craps out.

the itouch is waaaaay cheaper in the states.but iwas afraid of having wifi problems. hello from lemon jelly.

Lemon bleedin' jelly

Bloody students sittin round with their capachinos and their crepes and their wifi portable devices

why in my day you were lucky if you got a cup of nescafe from a giant tub a cheese sandwich and a letter from your mum

Lemon bleedin' jelly

Bloody students sittin round with their capachinos and their crepes and their wifi portable devices

why in my day you were lucky if you got a cup of nescafe from a giant tub a cheese sandwich and a letter from your mum
i got a smoothie. its all about the smoothies these days.

best purchase ever. the risk of getting your iPhone bricked by firmware updates is as stupid as the person clicking the "update" button when itunes asks you to.

really cool device and with some further upgrades to the initial software it will be untouchable by the rest of the phones on the market (have to see this google thing first though).

The Gadget show on channel 5 did a test on the iphone last week vs the Nokia N95. The N95 outperformed it in nearly all areas. The only thing the iphone had going for it is that it's pretty and everyone wants to see it. This test was done by Jason Bradbury who is a big Apple fan.
The best scenario was the night out which is when you want to be able to just take your phone out and quickly use it:
Touch screen keyboard is crap for sending texts. You keep getting the words wrong. It just doesnt compare with the ease of use that buttons offer.
The camera is is rubbish, has no flash and can't take videos.

Internet browsing is too slow over Edge and the onscreen keyboard gets in the way when trying to fill in some online text boxes.

I went for the best of both worlds and have the ipod touch and an N95. I have to agree that the onscreen keyboard on the iphone\ipod touch is rubbish. It turns simple things like sending an email or even typing a web address into a chore. Even the music interface is not as good as the older ipods. You keep selecting the wrong songs and the volume control and track skipping progress bars are not very accurate. It does beat the N95 in the music area (it bloody well better). The N95's sound quality through the headphones is atrocious. It has really bad background hiss like listening to a badly recorded tape.
The GPS on the N95 is also crap. But it has a lot more apps available and from the phone point of view it works perfectly. Add to that the 5 megapixel camera.

putty3.gif

vi can kiss my ass.

Although he knows his perl that Maddox. He might know as much as I know.
Might.

edit.. oh yeah, the iPhone is a pain in the rocks after the first half hour. Wasnt feeling it at all at all.
Never used that Nokia yoke though.

look snazzy
bigger hard drive and Mp3 stuff

Not much else

And it's worse in some respects
XDA has 3G and can wirelessly sy with exchaange

so if I already have an 80 gigger ipod, i don't want one.

how much is it a month for that xda and did you get it on a business contract?

i now pay 70 a month on my bill , would it be much more on the XDA mormon, do you have an unlimited data plan?

so if I already have an 80 gigger ipod, i don't want one.

how much is it a month for that xda and did you get it on a business contract?

i now pay 70 a month on my bill , would it be much more on the XDA mormon, do you have an unlimited data plan?

I don't have unlimited data -I'd love it - but do any of the operators here even offer one?

Got mine as a free upgrade - but I paid a couple of hundred to add the Copilot software and maps of all of Europe to it. But that's not really necessry - I really only paid that much cause I had got the phone for free.

O2 do it and it's not hugely expensive 199 with a new contract IIR

I don't pay much - about €40 a month - whatever amount of free minnutes that gives me I rarely go over. The bill goes crazy when I travel - but work pay that - and hence the nice upgrades.

Camera is pretty shite
If you want a good camera your Nokia N95 is your only man.

And I never listen to music on it

but it's got WM5 on it so there is no shortage of add on apps and having WiFI on it is handy cause when im in an office abroad I can use Skype on it to call home.

I don't have unlimited data -I'd love it - but do any of the operators here even offer one?

Got mine as a free upgrade - but I paid a couple of hundred to add the Copilot software and maps of all of Europe to it. But that's not really necessry - I really only paid that much cause I had got the phone for free.

O2 do it and it's not hugely expensive 199 with a new contract IIR

I don't pay much - about €40 a month - whatever amount of free minnutes that gives me I rarely go over. The bill goes crazy when I travel - but work pay that - and hence the nice upgrades.

Camera is pretty shite
If you want a good camera your Nokia N95 is your only man.

And I never listen to music on it

but it's got WM5 on it so there is no shortage of add on apps and having WiFI on it is handy cause when im in an office abroad I can use Skype on it to call home.

sounds deadly Mormon. O2 do an unlimited plan for 20 a month i think, would you be on the internet much on it? 40 quid sounds very low. is the voice recorder good on it

sounds deadly Mormon. O2 do an unlimited plan for 20 a month i think, would you be on the internet much on it? 40 quid sounds very low. is the voice recorder good on it

do they? cool!
I remember ringing them about it a while back and all of the data plans were expensive.
at the moment I keep the internet use to when I have wifi and keep away from the 3G.
If I had unlimited data that would really change how I use the thing.

I've never used the voice recorder.

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Business/Price+Plans/BlackBerry+pricing

€20 monthly charge

but look mormon does that mean not on xdas cos thats fuckin shit

Not included:

* Calls, text messages, picture messages/MMS.
* Email, instant messaging & internet browsing when you are roaming; travelling outside of Ireland.
* Internet browsing & Instant Messaging on non-RIM manufactured (BlackBerry Connect>tm) devices eg. Xda, Nokia etc. Internet usage on these devices is charged at €2.0 per MB ex.VAT

bollix

and €2 per MB - is shoking.

A friends flatmate works in a call center for on of the phone companies. Apparently they had a call during the week. A guy was quering his bill on one of those go anywhere broadband devices.

He took it on holiday in China, browsed away to his hearts content and came home to a bill of €28000 euro.

I shit you not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back