iPhone 4S (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 0
I was planning to switch from o2--> vodafone to take advantage of cheap data roaming but they fucked up transfer at last minute before I went to Primavera in May.

If your 4S is unlocked, you could consider getting a prepaid Yoigo SIM in Spain. SIM cost €20 (think it was a nominal fee for SIM but you had to top it up). €8 for 500mb to be used within a month. You can pick one up from any Carphone Warehouse, don't forget, you need to present an official ID to purchase SIMs in Spain.

Nope. Not unlocked but gives me the excuse to stay off the grid. I'll just say it costs a fortune so my family stays off my back. No one else needs to be in contact with me or vise versa. Family is just paranoid.

There's a guide on lifehacker.com. Google it - very easy.

What is the point of unlocking? I assume it just means when in the states or Spain I can buy a sim and use my phone without roaming on a local network but I don't travel all that much. However would this be why the last time I was in the states I could only receive texts from certain friends on a certain network? If so, I now have a solid complaint for apple because that fucked up my entire trip. Boo Apple.

Jailbreaking lets you install unofficial apps that apple won't approve. Once it's jailborked you can unlock it for any network.

I don't care about apps. I use my phone for very few things and very rarely ever for speaking to anyone on. The only receiving texts from some networks while traveling is annoying though. I could text anyone there (in US) or back here but I never got their responses (in US) if they were on another network than me. Pain in the hole!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back