iPhone 4S (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 0
Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.apple.com/" on this server.
Reference #18.497e7a5c.1317755946.84ca86c5

What the fuck???

Hex-Sports-WatchBand.jpg

oh dear

Question... the airplane mode. If I turn it on that setting will it shut down all applications that search for the internet in one on/off? So I can just turn the phone on and use the camera without using data and it eating battery time searching for networks? I plan to go off the grid for 5 weeks and won't have time to charge it everyday. I would like to use it as a camera/music player occasionally though.

On a related note: Does anyone know if it's possible to buy data ahead of time from o2 when roaming?

Airplane mode will shut off data everywhere however you can still manually go to the wifi and turn it back on whilst in airplane mode.

When I did research on data roaming rates in May, O2 where the worst whilst Vodafone were the cheapest (something like 2€/day for c.75mb on prepaid).

[edit: that was roaming within Europe].

Airplane mode will shut off data everywhere however you can still manually go to the wifi and turn it back on whilst in airplane mode.

When I did research on data roaming rates in May, O2 where the worst whilst Vodafone were the cheapest (something like 2€/day for c.75mb on prepaid).

[edit: that was roaming within Europe].

Thanks for that. I figured o2 would be the worst as they usually are. I think I will just use it for music and camera and forget communication unless an emergency. I just didn't want to come back with a huge bill like I did the last time I was in Spain.

Thanks for that. I figured o2 would be the worst as they usually are. I think I will just use it for music and camera and forget communication unless an emergency. I just didn't want to come back with a huge bill like I did the last time I was in Spain.

I was planning to switch from o2--> vodafone to take advantage of cheap data roaming but they fucked up transfer at last minute before I went to Primavera in May.

If your 4S is unlocked, you could consider getting a prepaid Yoigo SIM in Spain. SIM cost €20 (think it was a nominal fee for SIM but you had to top it up). €8 for 500mb to be used within a month. You can pick one up from any Carphone Warehouse, don't forget, you need to present an official ID to purchase SIMs in Spain.

Roaming rates have been reduced since the start of July.

They have (for European countries), o2 have brought their data roaming charge down to the max required which is still a complete ripoff at 86c/MB. Vodafone however charge you €2 for 50MB per day = 4c/MB. If you break that daily cap of 50MB, they charge €1.02/MB which is fair game I think.

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/conn...ing+Abroad/Tariff+Information/Spain/speakeasy
http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/roaming/internetabroad/phone/?ts=1343997435148

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back