interpol (was good) (1 Viewer)

Unicron said:
My friend and I were discussing that when we were inside if could we have gone back out and sold our tickets and gone back in, I thought they just scanned them to check if they were legit and didn't rip the stubs because they were lazy. How did the smokers get back in then? Did modern technology force them to resort to the primitive idea of stamps?

They had the same system (seems like it's a ticketbastard thing) when i saw slint a couple of weeks ago in ny. I'm guessing it's to catch people with duplicate tickets (i.e. order tickets online/over the phone well beforehand, ring ticketmaster a week before gig claiming tickets have gone *missing* - lost in post, ticketmaster then will re-issue another set to be picked up at the box office. bingo. everybody's done that old trick, right?)

And more-than-likely to detect fake tickets also.

Unicron said:
How did the smokers get back in then? Did modern technology force them to resort to the primitive idea of stamps?
QUOTE]

Smokers cant leave via the front door they have to go out the back door beside the bar and they do indeed get stamped.

The tickets are scanned to catch people with forged tickets, duplicate tickets and as an easier way to keep track of the amount of tickets sold, the old way being that some unfortunate usher had to hand count all the stubs at the end of the night.

Oh yeah great gig too, good to see the Mick Jones shuffle still alive an well.

nlgbbbblth said:
did they play the Stella song or Leif Erikson?

They did play Leif and it was sublime, as usual. No Stella though.

That Take You On A Cruise song from the new album was cool though - eBow harmonising. I likey.

The brother ran into them in the village after, said they were all sound except for the english guitarist, but sure he's english, what do you expect.

Of note also was his story that they were staying across the road and every half hour or so carlos, the bassist, would appear, buy a drink, drink half of it while picking up four or five women, then disappear out the door, two on each arm, (wait for it) SMILING!!! Said he saw him do it at least three times. G'wan da boyiz!!

swingkid said:
willard_poster.jpg

inr_interpol5.JPG

ha ha.what a total prat.someone should do that guy a favour,i mean really

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Of note also was his story that they were staying across the road and every half hour or so carlos, the bassist, would appear, buy a drink, drink half of it while picking up four or five women, then disappear out the door, two on each arm, (wait for it) SMILING!!! Said he saw him do it at least three times. G'wan da boyiz!!

-----------------------------------------------------
Groupies in the Boston area are blaming Carlos
from Interpol for the spate of Herpes in the area.
-----------------------------------------------------

Popbitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back