Songs that are ruined by translating them from American (2 Viewers)

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
brainwashed.com
Was recently listening to Kyuss and the track “100 Degrees” came on. I was all like “Yeah, boiling point! Energy! Steam!” and other ferociously hot thoughts. Then I realised that it’s Fahrenheit and he’s talking about body temperature. It just doesn’t hit right now.

Was recently listening to Kyuss and the track “100 Degrees” came on. I was all like “Yeah, boiling point! Energy! Steam!” and other ferociously hot thoughts. Then I realised that it’s Fahrenheit and he’s talking about body temperature. It just doesn’t hit right now.
If it's any use to you "100 degrees" is the official kicking off point of: it's too fucking hot, and in all likelihood I'm feeling fighty or at least grumpy. The fighty crime stats go up when when things start getting that hot out, allegedly.

So, while it might seem like a bit over body temp in the abstract, in reality it means there's every chance shit's about to kick off.

hardly american, but

I'm burnin' through the sky, yeah
200 degrees, that's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit
I'm travelling at the speed of light

burning through the sky, but has not yet reached the boil. more of a simmer.

hardly american, but

I'm burnin' through the sky, yeah
200 degrees, that's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit
I'm travelling at the speed of light

burning through the sky, but has not yet reached the boil. more of a simmer.

Mister Celsius just wouldn't work quite as well but 200 degrees is fucking hot in either scale.

Doublenickels.jpg

Two five pence pieces on a ten pence piece

Not a song, but 0.45300877 cent, or 0.39522199 pence at current rates, it just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back