Internal or external hard drive? (1 Viewer)

frona

I'm getting a second hard drive for my machine and I'm wondering which would be better. I don't really care about the portability issue because I don't think I'd be carrying an external hard drive around with me, so do you think I'd be better off just getting another one put into the computer? Or will I get an external one anyway? Maybe I'll learn to love lugging my hard drive around with me? :confused:

Meh, with an external you've the option of bringing all your music around to a mates, but an internal's faster/cheaper/bigger and probably more reliable. Depends what you need it for really.

a second internal can be pain in the ass to install, if you can find a cheap external drive i say why not. use the internal for running apps/installs and the external for storage. IT direct have 80gig external for €80

frona said:
I'm getting a second hard drive for my machine and I'm wondering which would be better. I don't really care about the portability issue because I don't think I'd be carrying an external hard drive around with me, so do you think I'd be better off just getting another one put into the computer? Or will I get an external one anyway? Maybe I'll learn to love lugging my hard drive around with me? :confused:

I just got my second extrernal drive recently in Maplin 320gb for 250 yo yos.
Portability is great

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back