Intermission (2 Viewers)

The Chilli King

Old Timer
Supporter
Load of my hole.
I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt, but it was undisputedly shite.

And another thing?
Why do cinema audiences laugh at things that are not even meant to be funny.

like the girl getting smacked at the start? I know

the cinema erupted and I was like, that's not funny

Colin Farrel was very good though I thought, better than anyone else

The Chilli King said:
Load of my hole.
I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt, but it was undisputedly shite.

And another thing?
Why do cinema audiences laugh at things that are not even meant to be funny.

I didn't think it was *that* bad. Didn't think it was *that* good either but it was an okay way to spend 90 mins.

Know what you mean about the laughter though. I was pretty shocked that the whole cinema burst out laughing at one thing at the start* which in my opinion wasn't funny at all!

* won't say what as I don't like to give things away in a movie.

I wonder if it's gonna get an international release as it is Irish humor wha' with all the smacking.

snakybus said:
won't say what as I don't like to give things away in a movie.*

* oops

the girl getting punched really hard in the face by Farrel was indeed what I was talking about.

I totally couldn't believe that the whole cinema just pissed themselves!!!!!!!!!

I had typed my post before yours had appeared tho' so I wasn't being smart er nuttin.

Because when you go to the cinema you agree to share a space with 100 - 300 (depending on the venue) ASSHOLES.

I can't remember the last cinema experience i didn't hate.

Made the dreadful mistake of going to see American Psycho in Blanchardstown once. FULL OF PRICKS!

jeepers creepers eleven is pretty good
despite opening in savoy three - a grim hole if ever there was one

donnacha said:
the girl getting punched really hard in the face by Farrel was indeed what I was talking about.

I totally couldn't believe that the whole cinema just pissed themselves!!!!!!!!!

I had typed my post before yours had appeared tho' so I wasn't being smart er nuttin.

nae worries

I couldn't believe it either - Savoy was it?

classy crowd

snakybus said:
nae worries

I couldn't believe it either - Savoy was it?

classy crowd

UGC - audience of farkin goons, (apart from Donnacha - saw you
outside didn't wanna interupt, ahem..) . There was non-stop laughter coming from a large section to my left. I couldn't help but feel that if the film had have been made anywhere else - the same people would have been tutting at the same parts. 'Ah sure, us oirish are awful funny aren't we! Toi-toi-toi-toi toi.'

What's way more irritating than stupid audiences is stupid me who completely forgot that The Great Dictator was on in the ifc all last week and i only remembered that they were showing it about an hour after the final showing started.

i fuckin hate the cinema

jeepers creepers is good,you have to be jokin kirstie
havent seen it and i dont want to
i heard the first one was the worst ever

i cant understand sequels to films like that
the fast and the furious 4,even faster and still full of furious anger

who goes to that shit

ah, the ugc.
myself and the wan have those unlimited passes and nearly everytime i've gone lately i've considered cancelling it. from broken seats to unbelievably dirty cinemas and scum ridden toilets to people chattering incessantalylaltly (sp) throughout it's become unbearable. i think screen 7 has had the same big brown stain in the middle of it's screen for at least 2 years.

during buffalo soldiers yesterday someone actually started smoking.

wonder will the refurbishment improve things. 17 screens, jaysis.

I got banned from the ugc once, that was a bad thing. That place is also the site of the only time i lost it at someone else in the cinema. You know the way some folks answer their phones in cinemas, these people are generally fucking pricks, but for the most part they get up and leave the cinema to have their chat. I was in the ucg and this girl answered her phone and proceeded to have an argument with someone for 10 minutes at the back of the cinema, she only left after having a couple of drinks flung at her by myself and a mate.

I went to Savoy 7 or something on a tuesday afternoon - it was me down the front and some other chap up the back. bliss

Halfway through the film (al pacino/american football jobbie) loads of gah dee legged it in to the cinema and arrested the other guy... high entertainment so it was !ninjaaaa

A few good moments in Intermission, but generally it tried to hard...things are going grand and then a character will come out with a profound line that is so...well...out of character. I think it wanted to be Pulp Fiction...too many irrelevant characters eating up screen time though.

Still some good performances...hard to believe that the same person who played the 'businessman' character was Rats/Fergus in Paths to Freedom/Fergus's wedding...some flexibility there.

Beanstalk said:
A few good moments in Intermission, but generally it tried to hard...things are going grand and then a character will come out with a profound line that is so...well...out of character. I think it wanted to be Pulp Fiction...too many irrelevant characters eating up screen time though.

Still some good performances...hard to believe that the same person who played the 'businessman' character was Rats/Fergus in Paths to Freedom/Fergus's wedding...some flexibility there.

Who was the guy who played the drug dealer in the flat that the Colm Meaney character beat the crap out of with the cameraman guy filming it all ? This has been bugging the shit out of me .... I feel like I know him or something ....

I thought the film was okay too. Also saw it in UGC ... big mistake. Why do people have to eat in cinemas? Smell of crisps and popcorn was gross.

hugh said:
Who was the guy who played the drug dealer in the flat that the Colm Meaney character beat the crap out of with the cameraman guy filming it all ? This has been bugging the shit out of me .... I feel like I know him or something ....

Dunno, but he was in Veronica Guerin too...probably in "On Home Ground" aswell, seeing as the rest of the cast were in Intermission.

Actually come to think of it, I spent most of Intermission trying to figure out where I'd seen the actors before...and cringing at Kelly MacDonald's shite accent.

dudley said:
ah, the ugc.
myself and the wan have those unlimited passes and nearly everytime i've gone lately i've considered cancelling it. from broken seats to unbelievably dirty cinemas and scum ridden toilets to people chattering incessantalylaltly (sp) throughout it's become unbearable. i think screen 7 has had the same big brown stain in the middle of it's screen for at least 2 years.

during buffalo soldiers yesterday someone actually started smoking.

wonder will the refurbishment improve things. 17 screens, jaysis.

it is the most digusting stinking hole of a cinema ever. I refuse to go these days, urgh.

The Ster in Liffey Valley is about the best of the multiplexes but it's a bit of a trek and can be pretty dirty on occasion as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back