In defence of hipsters (4 Viewers)

And what in Dio's name is wrong with calling something a 'show'?

There was a thread on facebook about how saying show or gig (I can't remember which) meant that you were some kind of monster according NME in the 70s/80s (I can't remember which). Bunch of old punk types giving out about misuse of the "correct" term.

I will say that "I'm going to a show" makes me think you're going to a Broadway musical with nary a guitar in sight.

I tried to stop a man beating his girlfriend on the street in Ballybough once.
They both turned on me. She clocked me one as I was holding his arms to stop him punching her. Called me every name going.
I flung him on the ground and scarpered.

My strategy after that was to call the Gards.
Which is almost, but not quite, the same as doing nothing.

My embouchure remains intact to this day.

Colum McCann's embouchure in poor shape this morning

Irish author Colum McCann seriously injured in US assault

Stay out of other people's business. Call the cops.

Colum McCann's embouchure in poor shape this morning

Irish author Colum McCann seriously injured in US assault

Stay out of other people's business. Call the cops.
Walking to work the other morning I saw a couple having a fairly violent dispute. The woman chased the man out of the house in her dressing gown and was screaming in his face. He grabbed her keys and flung them across the road, into a bush. She responded by punching him full force in the face. At this point they point went over to the bushes and both started looking for the keys. I saw the whole thing play out but just kept walking. If it was him that punched her I would have intervened. He was a big fat guy and she was tiny.

Walking to work the other morning I saw a couple having a fairly violent dispute. The woman chased the man out of the house in her dressing gown and was screaming in his face. He grabbed her keys and flung them across the road, into a bush. She responded by punching him full force in the face. At this point they point went over to the bushes and both started looking for the keys. I saw the whole thing play out but just kept walking. If it was him that punched her I would have intervened. He was a big fat guy and she was tiny.

I used to be good like you.

I used to be good like you.
not good. i was gawping away the whole time.
mkr-rubberneck-729-620x349.jpg

As an aside, I can't wait to get married so I have someone to blame all the things I hate about myself on.

My girlfriend settled for me and in doing so robbed me of any inclination to better myself

It's all her fault . The occasional " hey lardo, want a training bra for those?" or " are you going to remain stupid all your life?" would give me the kick up the ass I sorely need

But no

usless

Many of those moving into neighbourhoods such as Deptford – myself included – would prefer not to see themselves as part of the wave of displacement and feel some allegiance to the kind of progressive politics that protects and supports low-income inhabitants. Ironic style distances the process of gentrification by putting it in inverted commas. It says, yes, we're displacing you, but we're not "really" displacing you.

Ha, fucking laughable.

"Okay so I'm part of gentrification because I'm educated middle class and work for liberal left leaning newspaper, but this bar which employs people from the local area is beyond the pale"

I wish the guardian would just fuck off sometimes.

The only thing I can see wrong with boozing in a job centre is that you don't get to slash the seats and piss on the desks.

It is a bit cuntish, I'd have to think.
Meh, it was a job centre and they just stuck a bar in it apparently the group that opened it have named their other bars after whatever the building was beforehand

Farr's School of Dancing | 17-19 Dalston Lane, E8 3DF | 020 7923 4553

Eltham GPO | 4 Passey Place, London SE9 5DQ | 020 8850 9685

The Galvanisers Union – 2 Devas Street, London E3 3LL | 020 7537 1158

Leyton Technical | 265B High Rd, London E10 5QN | 020 8558 4759

Sylvan Post | 24-28 Dartmouth Rd London SE23 3XU | 020 8291 5712

Smacks of another middle class hatchet job by some cunt who's never been in a dole office. I have i couldn't give two fucks. They could do with getting Red Stripe on tap though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back