In defence of booze (1 Viewer)

yeah, that's the good thing about giving up the booze for a while. you end up getting smashed on a few shandies when you start drinking again.
not that i'd know anything about that really.

well i haven't stopped drinking in 3 months and i've never felt better!
discounting the fear that cripples during unplanned sober intervals?

i've never felt better than when i've stopped drinking for more than a few days. never feckin lasts though.

I love drinking. It really is great, there's nothing like getting drunk with your friends and listening to bad music. And sometimes being an arsehole. I don't really get the oul fear anymore which is a definite plus, I rationaled it away

I find that sort of attitude could set a worrying precedent. I've heard it repeatedly argued that smokers/drinkers/drug users shouldn't get priority in hospitals but I think there are few enough illnesses which aren't somewhat self inflicted.

was doing a training course a few years back in work with a facilitator who pretty much felt that all smokers who are suffering smoking related illnesses should not be treated in hospitals, or at least come last on a long long list. It's a sentiment I've heard echoed many times and it pisses me off no end. I ended up having a massive and quite childish argument with him at the time as I said I felt people who eat fucking fatty fries/loadsa meat/are fucking obese shouldn't be treated if that's the case (he was a fat bastard) he took serious offence to this and lodged a complaint with my manager trying to claim I was referencing his own 'obesity problem', luckily it never went anywhere.

I need a drink!

I think we should bring back booze in the office. It's bad enough that we can't smoke.

There's a secret stash of hard liquor in our office, but it's really only there in case radio announcers/ people answering phones lose their voices. A quick gargle (literally) and you can speak again.

I reckon the English are a lot worse than the Irish for the aul' pints at lunchtime malarkey - can't do it myself, I just end up snoring at my desk within an hour.

Mad Men type mini bars are exactly what we need. A sociable lunctime whiskey or two would help everyone to unwind and enjoy a less stressful afternoon.

I'd also like a return to 1950's fashions for both men and women, but that's a topic for another thread.

was doing a training course a few years back in work with a facilitator who pretty much felt that all smokers who are suffering smoking related illnesses should not be treated in hospitals, or at least come last on a long long list. It's a sentiment I've heard echoed many times and it pisses me off no end. I ended up having a massive and quite childish argument with him at the time as I said I felt people who eat fucking fatty fries/loadsa meat/are fucking obese shouldn't be treated if that's the case (he was a fat bastard) he took serious offence to this and lodged a complaint with my manager trying to claim I was referencing his own 'obesity problem', luckily it never went anywhere.
Fat cunt

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back