I'm going to Japan in April (1 Viewer)

sleepy

Website
www.facebook.com
and I can't fuckin wait. Spending 7 nights in Tokyo and 4 in Kyoto and 1 in Hiroshima. Can any of ye recommend any deadly stuff to do over there?

Also, I'm really big in to bands like melt banana, boredoms, kirihito. Can anyone recommend any good clubs to go to where they play that sort of music?

don't know any clubs that would play that sort of music but only venues those bands would play. best tokyo gig guide is here -> http://www.tokyogigguide.com/gigs don't be surprised at cost of gigs, they average at 5,000 yen (40~euro), even for smaller bands like Melt Banana.

stuff to do? walk around shinjuku, shibuya, harajuku (go on sunday to see the cosplay), walk down takeshitdori, buy crap in kiddy land, buy more shit in tokyu hands and don quixote department stores. go to ginza and marvel at rediculously over-priced fruit in highend supermarkets (good apple store in this area tho). stroll about kichijoji, koenji & shimokitzawa, eat burgers at Freshness Burger & MOS Burger.

sound, thanks for all that. and thanks especially for the gig guide. Unfortunatley, all that seems to be is on at the moment is Lady Gaga. I don't think we'll be in tokyo for the sunday so unfortunately we're gonna miss the cosplay but it sounds like there's plenty more deadly stuff to see

well, we're doing the trip as part of a 6 week holiday. we're going to thailand, new zealand and a few days in sydney first. the flights to everywhere where around 2600 for me and my wife.

We're going for the cheapest accomodation we can in japan and if you look on hostel world you can get rooms for about 50 euro per night per room. I'm not sure but I think we're spending 600 euro on accomodation for japan. that's for 12 nights

Hiya Rob. When you're going to be in Kyoto check the schedule for Bears in Osaka. It's run by a former guitarist from the Boredoms. Tiny, cheapish, BYOB, loads of noisy stuff. http://home.att.ne.jp/orange/bears/ It's a bit tough to get to. 45 min Hankyu train from Kyoto, 30 min underground from Osaka Umaeda to Namba, 15-20 min walk.
Also, Meditations in Kyoto is a great shop for psych reissues.

Hiya Rob. When you're going to be in Kyoto check the schedule for Bears in Osaka. It's run by a former guitarist from the Boredoms. Tiny, cheapish, BYOB, loads of noisy stuff. http://home.att.ne.jp/orange/bears/ It's a bit tough to get to. 45 min Hankyu train from Kyoto, 30 min underground from Osaka Umaeda to Namba, 15-20 min walk.
Also, Meditations in Kyoto is a great shop for psych reissues.
I couldn't find bears. I went looking for it but couldn't find it anywhere. Osaka is a cool city though. The people were so nice. Isn't that place the one that closes early or else the Yakuza get pissed off?
Japan was deadly. I stayed in K's hostel in kyoto, which was grand. And in tokyo we got an apartment. Which was also grand. In meguro. In osaka I stayed in a nice hotel, that I can't recall the name of.

Bears is tough enough to find. I dragged Krystal and Stan Bowles there to see Nagisa Ni Te and Eddie Marcon.
I think poor aul Stan was wishing we couldn't find the place, so unimpressed was he with the bauld Eddie.

thanks joss, that bears place sounds deadly. We'll be doing a day trip to osaka anyway so hopefully we'll be able to fit it in. I think it might be hard enough to convince claire to head there, might not be her cup of tea, but sure we'll see what happens

I think we're staying in k's hostel in kyoto. I can't remember off the top of my head. We booked all our accomodation through www.lonelyplanet.com and www.hostelworld.com . lonely planet have some very cheap hotel rooms on offer

I stayed in K's. It's a really nice place. The staff are friendly, breakfast is good, it's well located.

I think I was actually caught on the Google maps thing while i was there as well. While I crossed the road, the car drove past me at a rather slow speed. I'd love to find it, but I can't remember exactly where it was.

thanks joss, that bears place sounds deadly. We'll be doing a day trip to osaka anyway so hopefully we'll be able to fit it in. I think it might be hard enough to convince claire to head there, might not be her cup of tea, but sure we'll see what happens

I think we're staying in k's hostel in kyoto. I can't remember off the top of my head. We booked all our accomodation through www.lonelyplanet.com and www.hostelworld.com . lonely planet have some very cheap hotel rooms on offer

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back