Dublin Night Out - On my tod. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter FullFathomFive
  • Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 0
F

FullFathomFive

I'm a newbie, and after some advice. I'm visiting Dublin first week in April for work. I'll be overnight on a Thursday. I'm a bit of an indie kid, is Dublin and any reccomended bars the kind of place you can go out on your own?

If I've posted in the wrong place or broken any rules apologies.

Just keen for some advice and recommendations on bars/clubs or even any meet ups!

Only been to Dublin once before and loved it, but that was ages ago.

Thanks

I'm a newbie, and after some advice. I'm visiting Dublin first week in April for work. I'll be overnight on a Thursday. I'm a bit of an indie kid, is Dublin and any reccomended bars the kind of place you can go out on your own?

If I've posted in the wrong place or broken any rules apologies.

Just keen for some advice and recommendations on bars/clubs or even any meet ups!

Only been to Dublin once before and loved it, but that was ages ago.

Thanks
are you on the twitter? Can give you some feeds to follow that run different nights, DJs, gigs, etc.

Know the feeling, my other board is similar. Well if anyone is about on the 7th and fancies a night out, shout!

Heres a couple of feeds from different venues that might be worth a look

The Workman's Club (@WorkmansDublin) | Twitter
WhelansLive (@whelanslive) | Twitter
The Grand Social (@TGSDublin) | Twitter
The Button Factory (@ButtonFactoryv) | Twitter

The following are a sample of gig promoters.

MCD Productions (@mcd_productions) | Twitter
Aiken Promotions (@aikenpromotions) | Twitter
timo u:mack (@umackDublin) | Twitter

might find something there. I guess it depends on how 'Indie' you mean when you say you're 'Indie', but those twitter feeds will give you an idea of the sort of shite that does be on of a night in Dublin.

Thanks Scutter really useful. Whelans on a Thursday came up most on Google searches.

I'm a sucker for Britpop, not just the popular stuff but old school indie. But also love the Manchester thing and 80s new wave. The dancier side of things sits well too.

If ever I can return the favourv in London, let me know. You've all been very nice, which isn't something you can guarantee on boards!

Still need a drinking buddy tho!

Thanks Scutter really useful. Whelans on a Thursday came up most on Google searches.

I'm a sucker for Britpop, not just the popular stuff but old school indie. But also love the Manchester thing and 80s new wave. The dancier side of things sits well too.

If ever I can return the favourv in London, let me know. You've all been very nice, which isn't something you can guarantee on boards!

Still need a drinking buddy tho!

Whelan's or the Workman's would seem to be your safest bets. Thomas House occasionally fits the bill too I think.

Depending what age you are, Whelans has more of a 25 y/o + crowd but would be the more indie club.
Workmans is under 25 y/o.

Don't expect much from either and you'll be alright

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back