I Spit on your Grave (1 Viewer)

george mcfly said:
anyone got the region 2 version of this??

is it worth getting or is it cut to shreds??
I have a second generation VHS copy of the UK Astra release from 1984
uncut but somewhat fuzzy

it's an enjoyable romp; can't see it being the Christmas Day movie for a while yet.

the region 2 is well cut, a friend of mine paid £20 for it in HMV Belfast and was well pissed off when he watched it

7 minutes excised in total; it seemed like more

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=1702

ok, gonna try and pick up the region1 version so

another question
anyone ever have any problems with with orders of dvd's (that are essentially banned here) getting stopped by customs?? or does that shit just not happen??

nlgbbbblth said:
I have a second generation VHS copy of the UK Astra release from 1984
uncut but somewhat fuzzy

it's an enjoyable romp; can't see it being the Christmas Day movie for a while yet.

the region 2 is well cut, a friend of mine paid £20 for it in HMV Belfast and was well pissed off when he watched it

7 minutes excised in total; it seemed like more

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=1702

I've been ordering stuff off the internet for a few years now, and I've never had anything stopped by customs. Well, once, I got a HUGE box from lik-sang.com, and got hit for customs. But just for DVDs, most places know to package them so they look like they don't cost much and pass under the customs radar. Never had them stop anything that was banned.

Although customs generally have a list of suppliers that they won't let through (like threedollardvd.com) and block everything from them, so if you're ordering from somewhere that's reasonably well-known, you should be grand.

And Region 0 NTSC should be able to play on a region 2 dvd player. Your TV might have problems with the NTSC if the TV is old. Newer TVs (or fancypants older ones) can display NTSC no problem.

If you want, you can borrow an NTSC dvd from me to try it out before you order.

thanks, that would be cool

by the way, you ever come across House of Doom? its a four part series (house of witchcraft, clocks, souls and the sweet house of horrors) of movies directed by Umberto Lenzi and Fulci??
vipco have just brought it out, looks as though it might be worth a look

THRILLHO said:
I've been ordering stuff off the internet for a few years now, and I've never had anything stopped by customs. Well, once, I got a HUGE box from lik-sang.com, and got hit for customs. But just for DVDs, most places know to package them so they look like they don't cost much and pass under the customs radar. Never had them stop anything that was banned.

Although customs generally have a list of suppliers that they won't let through (like threedollardvd.com) and block everything from them, so if you're ordering from somewhere that's reasonably well-known, you should be grand.

And Region 0 NTSC should be able to play on a region 2 dvd player. Your TV might have problems with the NTSC if the TV is old. Newer TVs (or fancypants older ones) can display NTSC no problem.

If you want, you can borrow an NTSC dvd from me to try it out before you order.

george mcfly said:
thanks, that would be cool

by the way, you ever come across House of Doom? its a four part series (house of witchcraft, clocks, souls and the sweet house of horrors) of movies directed by Umberto Lenzi and Fulci??
vipco have just brought it out, looks as though it might be worth a look
sounds good; never seen it

george mcfly said:
another question
anyone ever have any problems with with orders of dvd's (that are essentially banned here) getting stopped by customs?? or does that shit just not happen??
haven't ordered DVDs in huge quantities over the net - but no problem so far

a package of about 12 VHS tapes on the 1984 Banned List came through customs no problem about 10 years ago

george mcfly said:
anyone got the region 2 version of this??

is it worth getting or is it cut to shreds??
What a shit movie...if it even qualifies to be called such a thing.

To the trash board with this also!Moderator?Eh...Moderator...?....etc...etc...

i agree with eamonn... absolutely rubbish movie. but if you must get it georgie, dont go near the region 2 one!!! (as is nearly always the case...)

fulci... ah, what a guy... the ultimate peddler of crappy horror movies (except The Beyond and Zombi 2). Still though, good for a laugh i spose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back