I need your help - orange chocolate craving (1 Viewer)

Continuing with the chocolate-related theme, last week, for 'Dutchy' and 'Pantone', I bought:

A Picnic
A Star Bar
A Wispa

Dutchy thought this was hilarious beyond belief. "What are you, 15?" he said. "You're so uncool, Mike".

Then "Uncle Meat" popped out of a crater or something and savaged the lot, chuckling between grunts.
i bought some colleauges ice creams on a whim one sunny day last year and they looked at me as if i'd offered them poo on a stick. people are ungrateful fucks. never again

In the orange-chocolate debate, I fall in the "eugh" camp. Having said that, if there was nothing else around, I'd eat it. I've eaten dark cooking chocolate. It's not bad if you screw up your face.

That said, this has only enhanced my respect for nlgbblbth, and the lengths he will go to to get the object of his desires. Classic NLG.

Continuing with the chocolate-related theme, last week, for 'Dutchy' and 'Pantone', I bought:

A Picnic
A Star Bar
A Wispa

Dutchy thought this was hilarious beyond belief. "What are you, 15?" he said. "You're so uncool, Mike".

Then "Uncle Meat" popped out of a crater or something and savaged the lot, chuckling between grunts.

all three are quality bars.

I wonder how many Nunch / Star Bars I've purchased since the explosion of taste in the late 1970s.

???

I wonder how many Nunch / Star Bars I've purchased since the explosion of taste in the late 1970s.

???

A detailed graph in correlation with the amount of all your record purchases since then would be quite fascinating.

...there doesn't happen to be anyone running out of idea's for a thesis?

:p

all three are quality bars.

???

Frozen star bars are beautiful, the caramel is crunchy and the inside is a bit firmer so you can finish off the outside and have a bar of the yummy peanut filling all on its own.

Dunnes are selling 4pks of Terries chocolate bars under 2.50.

Fruit flavoured chocolate is horrible, you people sicken me!

shave an orange rind into a box of coca pops and use orange juice instead of milk.

nom-nom-nom_medium.jpg

mm, this thread reminded me, i have some dark-chocolate covered candied orange peel in my bag
yum yum
none for you though nlgggbbbth

ooh Home-made or bought-made?

Green and Blacks Maya Gold is flavoured with orange and spices. is good. posh choc.

GB377-l.jpg

ooh Home-made or bought-made?
bought-made in this case but i've made home-made choco-orange-peel before. scrape good deep chunks of peel off an orange, boil them in sugar water (you might want to follow a proper recipe off the internet somewhere, or just do as below), then dip the bits in dark choc and lay em on greaseproof paper, stick em in the fridge, wait a few hours then nosh!

For each orange use 250ml water and 125g sugar. Once this syrup boils add the peels and let the whole simmer uncovered until the peel is translucent (maybe 30-60 minutes). Pick out the peels (NOT USING FINGERS! very fucking hot.and don't get drunk when you're doing this.) and place on greaseproof paper. When they're cooled dip em in melted dark choc and lay again on greaseproof paper and refrigerate to set. people are incredibly impressed by this kind of thing.

i suggest finding a proper recipe for this since it's about 9 years since i've made these and i haven't checked my facts, but don't believe recipes that say you need to wait 4-5 hours for the peels to candy. try something like this: http://www.crumblycookie.net/2008/12/19/1868/

The raw vegan orange chocolate tarte by Natasha's Living Foods is sooooooo nice. Expensive at 4.99 a slice - but that's the cost of a chocolate bar/treat a day during your working week so you could just avoid shitty chocolate and go for the good stuff. It's so delicious. The mint one is, quite literally, mint. Yum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back