I have the horn for... (13 Viewers)

Not sure what to make of her being 'inspired' by a Lean-In campaign though. She's a thousand times better than that third rate corporate doubletalk.

I thought Sandberg had some good points to make. I didn't read the book though.
I can't see the problem with promoting women being more fearless in work.

I thought Sandberg had some good points to make. I didn't read the book though.
I can't see the problem with promoting women being more fearless in work.
mmm, I know what you mean, it's a conversation for another day really. After all the Miley stuff last year I'm just surprised to see that Sinead is still willing to work on such a pop-culture level I guess.

what is a lean-in campaign and what third rate corporate double talk?

Lean In - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's like a self-help book mixed with autobiography that tries to sell itself as empowering but just wants everyone, men and women, to make their corporation as much money as possible and never, EVER think about the why. There's also all sorts of race and class issues embedded in it that it's always being criticized for, possibly unfairly imho

Here, will someone post something horn-worthy already, this thread shouldn't be going down this path.

Here, will someone post something horn-worthy already, this thread shouldn't be going down this path.

b8695efe643c0bcffa84c5817f76660c.jpg

Lean In - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's like a self-help book mixed with autobiography that tries to sell itself as empowering but just wants everyone, men and women, to make their corporation as much money as possible and never, EVER think about the why. There's also all sorts of race and class issues embedded in it that it's always being criticized for, possibly unfairly imho

I haven't read it but I saw her doing press for it and it struck me that it was pretty objectivist and encouraged people to be an asshole.

I haven't read it but I saw her doing press for it and it struck me that it was pretty objectivist and encouraged people to be an asshole.
I've read most of it at this point. In the book she makes a point of telling people not to be an asshole, but then she has a weird idealized man in the workplace everyone should strive to be like, who is clearly an asshole.

All (apart from Silverman) vaguely look like your sisters. Just saying.

Well, my sisters are kinda gorgeous, no?

And don't make it weird. The women on that list look way more like my Mom when she was a brunette and did beauty pageants.

I simply can't help it if everyone in my family is attractive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back