I have 2 figs (1 Viewer)

coraline

What will I do with them ? Is it better to bake them or can you
just eat them ? Whats the yummiest way ?

Are they fresh figs or dried?

If they're fresh, you could bake them a little bit (or even leave them raw -- it's up to you) and eat them with a little mascarpone and some honey drizzled over the top. If mascarpone is too much of a pain, use natural yogurt mix it with a bit of honey, and drizzle a bit more honey on top.

I LOVE FIGS SO MUCH I CAN FEEL IT IN MY DOWNSTAIRS FIG.

I think I read once that there is a type of wasp that spends it's whole life inside figs (apart from the occassional trip to the shops). They are born inside it and die there too. Not just one or two wasps, famblys of wasps. Not like the ones we get here, though. These wasps are about the size of ants.

Just saying.
You should have all the facts.

jane said:
Are they fresh figs or dried?

If they're fresh, you could bake them a little bit (or even leave them raw -- it's up to you) and eat them with a little mascarpone and some honey drizzled over the top. If mascarpone is too much of a pain, use natural yogurt mix it with a bit of honey, and drizzle a bit more honey on top.

I LOVE FIGS SO MUCH I CAN FEEL IT IN MY DOWNSTAIRS FIG.

They're fresh.
Mmmm, some yum ideas, will try baking them with honey and yoghurt,
thanks !!

coraline said:
They're fresh.
Mmmm, some yum ideas, will try baking them with honey and yoghurt,
thanks !!
fresh figs... totally awesome. you can pick them off tree on the side of the road in greece/crete. jane's recommendation is perfect. or you could try eating them with greek yogurt and some honey. easy on the honey mind.

Coraline,

I'm sure those figs are long gone but check out this recipe....yum..drool.

Grilled Figs with Parma Ham and Watercress

SERVES 6
2 bunches fresh watercress, chopped

For the dressing..
10 fresh mint leaves, chopped
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
6 slices Parma ham, cut into strips
4 tsp olive oil
60g (2oz) fresh Parmesan cheese
1 tsp pesto sauce
6 fresh figs
freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp olive oil

1. Cut the figs in half lengthways, brush them with olive oil and cook, skinside up, on a griddle pan for 2 minutes. Keep warm.

2. To make the dressing, mix the balsamic vinegar with the olive oil and pesto sauce. Season to taste.

3. Arrange the watercress and mint leaves on a large, flat serving dish. Place the grilled figs on the bed of leaves and arrange slices of Parma ham on the top. Drizzle the dressing over the whole dish.

4. Using a potato peeler, shave slices of Parmesan cheese over the ham and figs and serve.

Vegetarians can serve this dish without the meat. For variety, meat-eaters can substitute chorizo (Spanish sausage) or smoked chicken.

coraline said:
this is funny :

www.godhatesfigs.com

who knew ?

Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he was hungry.
"And when he saw a fig tree by the road, he came to it, and found nothing on it, but leaves only, and said to it, Let no fruit grow on you henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.
"And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon has the fig tree withered away!"
--Matthew 21:18-20

this story stuck in my head, first told to me when I was about 8.

What a petty fucker.

For an omnipotent being like

deedee said:
Coraline,

I'm sure those figs are long gone but check out this recipe....yum..drool.

Grilled Figs with Parma Ham and Watercress

SERVES 6
2 bunches fresh watercress, chopped

For the dressing..
10 fresh mint leaves, chopped
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
6 slices Parma ham, cut into strips
4 tsp olive oil
60g (2oz) fresh Parmesan cheese
1 tsp pesto sauce
6 fresh figs
freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp olive oil

1. Cut the figs in half lengthways, brush them with olive oil and cook, skinside up, on a griddle pan for 2 minutes. Keep warm.

2. To make the dressing, mix the balsamic vinegar with the olive oil and pesto sauce. Season to taste.

3. Arrange the watercress and mint leaves on a large, flat serving dish. Place the grilled figs on the bed of leaves and arrange slices of Parma ham on the top. Drizzle the dressing over the whole dish.

4. Using a potato peeler, shave slices of Parmesan cheese over the ham and figs and serve.

Vegetarians can serve this dish without the meat. For variety, meat-eaters can substitute chorizo (Spanish sausage) or smoked chicken.

YUM this sounds delish. Will have to buy some more pronto. Thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back