I hate that thing (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Some friends and I have been casually making lists of things that people say that are crap. I thought it would be fun to open it up to the thumped forum. I won't say what ones we've come up with because I think it'll be funnier if other people come up with the same ones.

To "kick off" how about this "for starters"...
When people call things "gigs" that aren't "gigs" example:
"Hey I just got promoted"
"Wow, how'd you land that gig?"

the word pyjama's really pisses me off big time, also the term "youth culture" thats only for total dicks, muahahah i wonder will he notice muahahahahahaha

i quite like the word pyjamas..

especially when describing something as being the 'cats pyjamas'.

my cat doesnt wear pyjamas though. he sleeps in the nip

"Cheers" instead of thanks.

Its hardly the language of the man on the street yet but those mobile phone ads where they go on about "Topping-up". That drives me nuts.

"Career" - Filthy evil word.

"24-7" - Eat shit and die.

people who say they have the flu when actually they have a SHAGGING COLD.

In incenses me. Drives me into a RAGE of gross proportions.

Em...lemme think...

When people say "I dont even want to know why you're..." doing whatever, and then ask you why you're doing whatever it was....argh!!

When people who are DJs say they have a gig coming up...no, you don't...you have an hour long space in which youll play other peoples' music...

or people who say 'Frisco instead of San Francisco....IDIOTS !
but thats not as bad as going to an interview and being asked if you are 'pro-active'...arrrrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Have a good one"

That one about the flu is good. A real flu has you freezing cold + sweating at the same time, every joint in your body aches and you're lying in bed watching the fairies dancing around the room. (or is that ebola) Its not a fucking sniffly nose.

how about the word "economics"?
Or anything in which a person might say "well we can work within your economics" ie. do the a half ass job cos your not willing to spend enough money on it.

Man I hate my job.
Maybe that's why I spend my days happily on the internet.

1. people who you haven't seen for eons and say that we must "do lunch" sometime, most probably has leapt a few rungs on the salary scale. the difference between having lunch and doing lunch = approx. a tenner.

2. "thanks a mill"- usually a female student wearing a pink shirt with harry hillesque collar.

3. "smile it might never happen"

4. "don't get me wrong i've nothing against refugees(pause), but..."

People who come back from hollidays pretending they can now speak what ever language it was and pronoucing everything arse ways:
i was just in PRAHA, or Buda (pause) PesCHTSSSHTTT. Or , i was in Kampuchea, or the land of fucking narnia or what ever.

Here's one i heard recently: Bottle of Hieno by the neck, Jerry (punter to bar man)

and anyone who clips a mobile phone on to their belt and tucks their dunnes stores shirt into their jeans while necking a bottle of heino and talking baout their recent hollier to BAR-SSSSS a Loniaaaaaaaaaa and their poxy mean nothing job in the iFSC in those bars that play the best of Ibiza uncut incessantly and so fucking loud your folicles shake. Anything those cunts say, i hate.

People who come back from hollidays pretending they can now speak what ever language it was and pronoucing everything arse ways:
i was just in PRAHA, or Buda (pause) PesCHTSSSHTTT. Or , i was in Kampuchea, or the land of fucking narnia or what ever.

Here's one i heard recently: Bottle of Hieno by the neck, Jerry (punter to bar man)

and anyone who clips a mobile phone on to their belt and tucks their dunnes stores shirt into their jeans while necking a bottle of heino and talking baout their recent hollier to BAR-SSSSS a Loniaaaaaaaaaa and their poxy mean nothing job in the iFSC in those bars that play the best of Ibiza uncut incessantly and so fucking loud your folicles shake. Anything those cunts say, i hate.

and people go; i'm in a wierd place right now. You're in fucking Drimnagh you sad tart.

there's a wicked echo in here.
there's a wicked echo in here.
in here.

'i'm onny buzzing off ye' said by pricks.
'givvus a shot o' yer bike" likewise.
'lets do thai...'
and people who say ASAP. i mean, pronounce ASAP. ironically, they're saps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back