I hate Bebo (3 Viewers)

tripoli

Right, i'm looking for some advice here. On seperate occasions, i've met three people, who are in no way linked, and all three have said, 'oh, i've found you on Bebo'. Ok, now I do not have a Bebo account and never will so this means that someone has set one up 'as me'. It doesn't really bother me all too much but still, i'm a bit concerned about the shite thats up on the user profile. God only knows what 'i'm saying', what pictures i've up,etc,etc. I've tried searching for my name on the site and people with accounts have checked and have not come across my 'account' either. Basically, i'd prefer to get it removed but don't know how.

What ye reckon?

that's weird, not right at all. get in touch with the people who maintain the site, "moderators"?

i absolutely hate bebo as well. it manages to be even more naff than myspace, and considerably so... i set up a purely offensive account on there, trying to get kicked off it. havent yet. damn.

Brian Conniffe said:
that's weird, not right at all. get in touch with the people who maintain the site, "moderators"?

i absolutely hate bebo as well. it manages to be even more naff than myspace, and considerably so... i set up a purely offensive account on there, trying to get kicked off it. havent yet. damn.

like, you could get a 'bad name' fairly easily. i could contact them, but there could be so many variations of my name, it may be hard to find the exact one....

contact one of the people you met who said you are on it and ask for their address on it, should be able to find it. very odd though, its definately someone baseing it on you and not a case of mistaken identity?

Brian Conniffe said:
contact one of the people you met who said you are on it and ask for their address on it, should be able to find it. very odd though, its definately someone baseing it on you and not a case of mistaken identity?

supposedly, there's a picture of me up on it. i've checked their accounts and no sign or link to me, in any of the three instances.
:confused:

is it possiable that these three people,who know you dislike bebo, and are taking the piss? are they the kind of people who would try to wind you up?

xsteox said:
is it possiable that these three people,who know you dislike bebo, and are taking the piss? are they the kind of people who would try to wind you up?

no well, i haven't seen two of them in a year or so and the other person is a friend of a friend so he'd hardly be arsed. plus, all of my mates don't have Bebo accounts and they wouldn't be arsed doing it either.

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you.

If you're familiar with Jervis St shopping centre, you'll know that the public toilets are located at the end of a very long corridor affair. At the entrace to this bendy strip of wonder there are 4 PCs for internetting. I regularly walk past these in the evening just before closing time. I have a good reason. Usually all 4 are occupied and, without fail, at least three will have a Bebo page open every time. I was recently strolling by with a colleague and before the screens were in our visual path he just said "Bebo, Bebo, Bebo, Something Else". Sure enough, as we passed, it was Bebo, Bebo, Bebo, Something Else.

It's fuckin creepy, in all honesty.

In one of my jobs, I think there must be about 4 of us in the whole place who don't have Bebo accounts. One person who's above me in the job has one, and it's hard to take an authority figure seriously when you've seen their Bebo page....

I hate bebo too, but all my wee cousin's are on it, so it makes it easy to keep in touch with them.

It's all the rage in my college. As is setting up fake accounts. Like, setting up an account as someones girlfriend and chatting to them, and then laughing about it in the college library, all a bit sad tbh.

It's generally shit anyway.

i can imagine. its even more annoying when your waiting to use a pc in the college library, to type up an assignment and every goshite sitting at a computer is looking through fu*ckin pictures on Bebo. the sooner the better they shut it down!!
!ninjaaaa
roxy said:
If you're familiar with Jervis St shopping centre, you'll know that the public toilets are located at the end of a very long corridor affair. At the entrace to this bendy strip of wonder there are 4 PCs for internetting. I regularly walk past these in the evening just before closing time. I have a good reason. Usually all 4 are occupied and, without fail, at least three will have a Bebo page open every time. I was recently strolling by with a colleague and before the screens were in our visual path he just said "Bebo, Bebo, Bebo, Something Else". Sure enough, as we passed, it was Bebo, Bebo, Bebo, Something Else.

It's fuckin creepy, in all honesty.

In one of my jobs, I think there must be about 4 of us in the whole place who don't have Bebo accounts. One person who's above me in the job has one, and it's hard to take an authority figure seriously when you've seen their Bebo page....

it's really creepy how everyone in my class considers themself a "sex kitten" or "sexy faerie".
actually bebo is so shit I can barely describe my contempt with the culture.

There's a fella on there called wee willy wonky (username) [email protected] weewillywonky.bebo.com. His password and favourite passtime is the name of this hell hole. He needs fleshing out. Any takers?

In my day *adjusts frilly apron* we were happy with the library toilets! Where's the mystery gone? Last time I was in UCC, I meant to go back to the toilets in the Boole, in Q+3, to see who the latest hotshot was, about whom all the ladies are swapping 'info'. I worry that such discussion has all been moved online. I would hate to see that Bebo has been the death knell for traditional toilet chat because it would make doing a poo or a stubborn pee very boring indeed.

tripoli said:
i can imagine. its even more annoying when your waiting to use a pc in the college library, to type up an assignment and every goshite sitting at a computer is looking through fu*ckin pictures on Bebo. the sooner the better they shut it down!!
!ninjaaaa

I was flipping through the comments book in the UCD library (oooh, two library references in one thread), and loads of students were asking that Bebo be blocked from the library computers because of this. The library did so (though it's still available elsewhere), and then a couple of twats wrote out comment sheets that said, "Please unblock bebo.com, as it contains important information for my course," clearly trying to capitalise on the ignorance of the adult population. Another asshole claimed it was, "A violation of our basic human rights!"

Twats.

jane said:
and then a couple of twats wrote out comment sheets that said, "Please unblock bebo.com, as it contains important information for my course," clearly trying to capitalise on the ignorance of the adult population.

dunno that it's so much about the ignorance of the adult population as the preferred methods of communication for UCDites. group projects and stuff all seem to be done via bebo, and me and the other stubborn email/meeting up loyalists are all that's holding us back from a glorious future of x-ray vision, freeze-dried space lattes and BEBO FOR ALL.

bebo is for people who can't get laid using the pub at closing time/thumped/myspace (in approximately ascending order of shamefullness)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back