HWCH 2007 (2 Viewers)

oh...
and does anyone know how to stop sonicbids sending me those fucking 20 e-mails a day about some shit festival (that you might have a chance to into) in LA

:mad:
- leigh

yeah write them a mail at the helpdesk address and tell them to get t'fuck!
i literally had to do that. I had unchecked ALL the options for mail correspondace on several occassions and STILL we recieved mails along the lines of 'eating health on the road' etc. Arse. I wrote and complained and eventually they stopped sending us out the shite.

Why do we have this discussion every year? If you don't listen to the bullshit then this is a nice enough old setup - come to Dublin for the weekend and hear a zillion local bands. Where's the harm in that?

i can see it now
"Stoat set to sign a multi, multi-million dollar deal - Cormac to think about it"
:D
- leigh

yeah write them a mail at the helpdesk address and tell them to get t'fuck!
i literally had to do that. I had unchecked ALL the options for mail correspondace on several occassions and STILL we recieved mails along the lines of 'eating health on the road' etc. Arse. I wrote and complained and eventually they stopped sending us out the shite.

i best not get angry - i tend to turn into the hulk (and i gaurentee nobody here wants to see me with my shirt off), but i'll give it a go
:eek:
- leigh

A thread that starts on page 9!

Heh,
Well, it was page 4 for me. But I meant it’s the bit when loads of people start to throw their unique opinions in. The thread was a bit slow before that.

You showed up in one of my dreams, you were small and skinny and fair-haired, and you were wearing a checked shirt ... maybe it was an impostor though?

Are you saying I’m Macauley Culkin?

I’m tall and skinny and black&grey haired. I wouldn’t wear a checked shirt. It’s interesting how the brain puts stuff together by itself. I always thought I typed like a tall person.

Large Hearted Boy - believe it or not, but many Irish bands that attract small / no audiences don't actually get to play Tripod / Crawdaddy etc, so I don't know what your point is.

You can be pretty sure that lots of bands playing will use it as a forum to meet people they've never met before and maybe even sort out potential tours, support slots and what not. That's what loads of bands have said to me anyway - that factor is one of the most positive things to come out of the festival, it seems.

Most people who slag off HWCH do so because their band wasn't good enought to get in, or are just little bitches who bitch about everything and this is just another thing to bitch about on a message board.

Nothing is without it's fault, but IMO, HWCH is a really cool festival that's run well by people who invest a lot of time in promoting local music for little monetary return. If it didn't exist, people would be bitching about the absense of an Irish indie festival for Irish bands. Get over it.

Who are The Chicks anyway? Everyone's excited about them.. but I heard mention of them having something to do with Republic of Loose, no? Hardly, or they'd be awful.

Here, separate from the usefulness of the festival, if bands actually got off their arses and made the effort they could get support slots and tours themselves. If you look at the bands who're sure shots for playing such as betamax, hooray for humans and so on, those are the bands who've been making the effort to play outside dublin or even outside ireland and are reaping the benefits of it. Probably 70-80% of these "hard working heroes" have never even played outside dublin. HWCH is a good opportunity for bands but i get the impression a lot of bands see it as their one chance every year to get noticed.

Large Hearted Boy - believe it or not, but many Irish bands that attract small / no audiences don't actually get to play Tripod / Crawdaddy etc, so I don't know what your point is.

Any band can actually play these venues. You call them, ask for a date, book it, play it, and pay for the privilege. It's a simple business transaction. Whether anyone comes is a different story, but its possible for any band.

I guess it’s good for non-Dublin bands alright.

Most people who slag off HWCH do so because their band wasn't good enought to get in, or are just little bitches who bitch about everything and this is just another thing to bitch about on a message board.

What I’ve seen and heard from people has just been confusion and/or indifference. Yeah, there’s loads of bitchiness, but it’s not fair to dismiss everyone’s opinions on those grounds.

You need to listen to the opinions of the acts that aren't entering.

The implication being that anybody who disagrees with you is a bitch or a failure? Careful now...

Here, separate from the usefulness of the festival, if bands actually got off their arses and made the effort they could get support slots and tours themselves. If you look at the bands who're sure shots for playing such as betamax, hooray for humans and so on, those are the bands who've been making the effort to play outside dublin or even outside ireland and are reaping the benefits of it. Probably 70-80% of these "hard working heroes" have never even played outside dublin. HWCH is a good opportunity for bands but i get the impression a lot of bands see it as their one chance every year to get noticed.

I don't begrudge anyone their place on this and it isn't the be-all-and-end-all of gigging in Dublin.

At the same time, not getting on the bill is not necessarily a sign of laziness on the bands part and is not a sign that they don't play outside of Dublin.

We (Groom) do all those things in the quoted post (to the best of our ability) and still nothing.

It's not the end of the world though. I heard that people are ringing up the organisers and giving them a bollocking demanding to know why their band were not selected. That is pathetic. Accept you didn't make the list and move on.

We are playing the Boom Boom Room on the 27th of September in full on two-drummer mode.

Come see us!

You can be pretty sure that lots of bands playing will use it as a forum to meet people they've never met before and maybe even sort out potential tours, support slots and what not. That's what loads of bands have said to me anyway - that factor is one of the most positive things to come out of the festival, it seems.

Nothing is without it's fault, but IMO, HWCH is a really cool festival that's run well by people who invest a lot of time in promoting local music for little monetary return. If it didn't exist, people would be bitching about the absense of an Irish indie festival for Irish bands. Get over it.

Most people I know who diss HWCH do so because it's a blatant sham. How many acts on the bill didn't even apply, I wonder?

Nice to see those up-and-coming whippersnappers Paranoid Visions getting their fresh sound out there.

Jayzus Wept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back