How to put on weight (1 Viewer)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
I want to put on about a stone weight but I don't want to make meself unhealthy while I'm at it or to add a stone only to the belly. Do i need to rejoin the gym and start doing a lot of weights or would upping my intake of bread, pasta and spuds do it? i don't eat much of them anyway. I can't afford a nutritionist, the internet is more trustworthy anyway.

Re: How to put on wieght

I want to put on about a stone weight but I don't want to make meself unhealthy while I'm at it or to add a stone only to the belly. Do i need to rejoin the gym and start doing a lot of weights or would upping my intake of bread, pasta and spuds do it? i don't eat much of them anyway. I can't afford a nutritionist, the internet is more trustworthy anyway.

Peanut butter sandwiches and a glass of milk before you go to bed.

I can say 'fuck off thread' here?

Other than that I'd say bumping up the carbs (since you're a veggie right?) rice, spuds, bread and pasta sounds about right with exercise. Not that I know anything about trying to gain weight other than it just happens without trying in my world.

foodgroups is the way to go. You could join a gym and gain some muscle mass but your general body shape won't change unless you're pushing the really heavy stuff, and you'd have to supplement that with weight gain, proteins, etc.

If you just want to put on some poundage and not be unhealthy about it, target the foodgroups that will do that for you. Carbohydrates being the main one. I'd target pasta and bread over spuds. Spuds have terrible GI and you'd feel stodgy as hell after them. I eat almost no spuds but lots of breads and pastas. Thats just to try and sustain energy levels rather than to get fat though.

get a car and eat a cheese toastie every two days for a year. stone and a half guaranteed. excercise is better though, muscle wieghs more than fat.

Nature made me skinny and as a result I've had pneumonia twice.

So Yeah you'll have to consult a doctor or a trainer of some sort. I solved most of my weight = lung problems issues by carrying sofas around at work and not missing meals. I now have a layer of flesh over my rib cage instead of hairy skin coloured cling film. If you go for the "I'll just eat loads" you'll probably (depending on your age etc) just get a pot belly and any benefits of weight gain will be completely lost. Muscle does weigh more than fat but it's where that muscle or fat develops that makes you either healthy or just fat.

I don't want to get fat, i just seem to be loosing weight for no good reason and i'd like to reverse it. naturally my first thought was bowel cancer but that doesnt seem to be the case after all. i've lost half a stone since i stopped going to the gym in the autumn and i didn't even do much weights there, mostly just the cardio machines on easy settings. i've never been this light, i want to look like i did when i was 24.

I don't want to get fat, i just seem to be loosing weight for no good reason and i'd like to reverse it. naturally my first thought was bowel cancer but that doesnt seem to be the case after all. i've lost half a stone since i stopped going to the gym in the autumn and i didn't even do much weights there, mostly just the cardio machines on easy settings. i've never been this light, i want to look like i did when i was 24.

So, you've been checked for cancer by a doctor?

Or you had a root around your bowel yourself?

it ain't rocket science. You lose weight if calories in is less than calories out. The only other reason is illness. Calories out can vary depending on your metabolism. If you're an active person (by active I just mean you walk a lot, take stairs instead of the lift, go to gigs, do other stuff) you'd be surprised how much you'd burn off. If you were in the gym before, regardless of how handy you were taking it you would have had some muscle mass. Stopping exercising would definitely account for some weight loss once you lose that muscle mass.

Are we talking obscene amounts of unexplained weight loss here?

How much do you typically eat in a day?

been looking for somewhere to post this for ages:

erxmt.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back