how much (1 Viewer)

abbe

does bruce .|..| springsteen fucking .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..|rock? this .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| fuckin .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| much .|..|

more, in fact. shitloads more. he rocks.

:( i thought this was going to be an inquiry as to the cost of that doggie in the window, the one that i do hope is for sale.

Dog%20in%20Window.jpg

The one with the wagg-ily tail?

lmd64 said:
:( i thought this was going to be an inquiry as to the cost of that doggie in the window, the one that i do hope is for sale.

Dog%20in%20Window.jpg

abbe said:
does bruce .|..| springsteen fucking .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..|rock? this .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| fuckin .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| much .|..|

you are a fucking legend. best post of all time.

abbe said:

Ah bless. Deadly buzz. I'm gonna be like that on Friday night after Snakes.

jane said:
How is it? I suspect it is smashingly good because he is a god among men. Bruce was the cause of my first childhood musical epiphany. I have to go and get everything ever because now I don't have any of it.

it's good - just given it two listens. pretty downbeat but stirring.

the Bruce catalogue is in need of a remaster job,
avoid the CDs (up to Human Touch/Lucky Town), go for vinyl

nlgbbbblth said:
indeed,
Alan - heard the new Bruce LP yet?
ah, got that shit the day it came out.

i think it's fucking amazing. Obviously it doesnt reach the heights of say Nebraska or Ghost Of Tom Joad, or even Tunnel Of Love, but its still amazing.

I was fucking GUTTED that i couldnt get a ticket for the gig.

did anyone here go?

Also, i think this is as good a time as any to point out that i have all of Bruce's albums on all three formats.

no, really.

I really like it but as far as I'm concerned if you have Bruce and an acoustic guitar you can't go wrong. Its actually a really good album to wake up to if that makes any sense!!
It also includes a song in which Bruce describes a trip to a brazzer with the lyric "$200 straight in extra 50 up the ass" something I never though t I hear him say.....well only in my dreams!!

Alan Remorse said:

i think it's fucking amazing. Obviously it doesnt reach the heights of say Nebraska or Ghost Of Tom Joad, or even Tunnel Of Love, but its still amazing.

did anyone here go?

I went buddy and it was a great gig. He did two roy Orbison covers - the last encore being Dream Baby Dream which was... stirring. The River he did with just the piano and it was excellent. Only played Nebraska off 'Nebraska' which was strange cos it's all ideal for a one man show + didn't play Ghost of Tom Joad but the noise he made out of just a guitar was cacophonous and no stops between song. He was pretty energetic - I think he works out. Part Man Part Monkey was great - hadn't heard it before. And probably best onstage banter ever at The Point. Plus he played Reno.

abbe said:
I went buddy and it was a great gig. He did two roy Orbison covers - the last encore being Dream Baby Dream which was... stirring. The River he did with just the piano and it was excellent. Only played Nebraska off 'Nebraska' which was strange cos it's all ideal for a one man show + didn't play Ghost of Tom Joad but the noise he made out of just a guitar was cacophonous and no stops between song. He was pretty energetic - I think he works out. Part Man Part Monkey was great - hadn't heard it before. And probably best onstage banter ever at The Point. Plus he played Reno.

amazing gig alright - that version of "the River" was just sublime. but that song "Dream Baby Dream" is actually a Suicide cover, it seems. strange alright, but i remember reading somewhere that they were a big influence on "Nebraska". dont think i have ever seen anyone put on such an intimate show in the point.

truly .|..| to the power of 1,000

ah good a boss thread. i dont got tunnel of love. is it as good as i think it probably is? i love the singles off it. boss rules.

Alan Remorse said:

did anyone here go?

Pilchard said:
amazing gig alright - that version of "the River" was just sublime. but that song "Dream Baby Dream" is actually a Suicide cover, it seems. strange alright, but i remember reading somewhere that they were a big influence on "Nebraska". dont think i have ever seen anyone put on such an intimate show in the point.

truly .|..| to the power of 1,000

Do you want to know what I think Pilchard? I think our Bruce might have engaged in a splicing of two songs from his fav artistes on top of which he then put his own, inimitable spin - ie: Boss does Suicide by way of Orbison..? See lyrics of the originals below and feel free to discuss.

Roy Orbison - Dream Baby

Dream baby got me dreamin' sweet dreams the whole day through (dream baby)
Dream baby got me dreamin' sweet dreams night time too (dream baby)

Aww, sweet dream baby (dream baby ah-huh-huh)
Yeah, yeah, swee-ee-et dream baby (dream baby ah-huh-huh)
Sweet dream baby (dream baby ah-huh-huh)
How long must I dream

FADE

Sweet dream baby
----

Suicide (It's a suicide) - Dream Baby Dream

dream baby dream
dream baby dream
dream baby dream
dream baby dream
forever, and ever

keep those dreams burnin' baby
keep my dreams burnin'....forever

dream baby dream
dream baby dream
forever

dream baby dream
dream baby dream
dream baby, dream baby
dream baby dream
forever

dream baby dream
come on baby you gotta keep those dreams burnin'
keep me in dreams
dream baby dream
dream baby,dream baby,dream baby,dream baby..............

i will keep that flame burnin'
keep that flame burnin'
forever

dream baby dream
dream baby dream
forever, and ever
forever, and ever

yeah, hey you know those dreams keep you free baby
i'll make those dreams come true

dream baby, dream baby, dream baby..........................
forever and ever
dream baby dream

i see that smile on your face
yeah ????????
yeah, makes you free
i see that smile
huh

dream baby dream
dream baby dream
dream baby dream
dream baby dream
forever

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back